Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 5:37 am

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 9:56 am

Disgusting

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 9:57 am

About time!

Spy, traitor, thief ... what else?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 10:12 am

he had almost fallen out of the public consciousness, too

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 10:54 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
he had almost fallen out of the public consciousness, too
I hope that those who defended his actions have also forgotten about him. Otherwise, we're in for a flood of "Save poor Julian from the Meanies!" protests.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

demeus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 11:02 am

Fnord wrote:
About time!

Spy, traitor, thief ... what else?

He might be a spy and a thief but explain traitor considering he is not a US citizen.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 11:03 am

He's a traitor to whatever country he is a citizen of.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 11:19 am

Disgusting behaviour above. Calling a real journalist that actually does his job a "traitor". A man who has risked his life to expose mass murder of innocent civilians, torture and corruption across the world. You should all be ashamed.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 11:19 am

The founding fathers were traitors to England. We need traitors, sometimes. I applaud Julian Assange! He turned his life to s**t providing information about how shameful our government has become.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 11:23 am

JohnPowell wrote:
Disgusting behaviour above. Calling a real journalist that actually does his job a "traitor". A man who has risked his life to expose mass murder of innocent civilians, torture and corruption across the world. You should all be ashamed.

Strange, isn't it? The real traitors are MSM journalists who report propaganda for big bucks.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 11:24 am

VegetableMan wrote:
The founding fathers were traitors to England. We need traitors, sometimes. I applaud Julian Assange! He turned his life to s**t providing information about how shameful our government has become.
Comparing Julian Assange to the Founding Fathers is like comparing a toothless watchdog to General Patton's Seventh Army.

One gets its butt kicked, while the other kicks butt.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 11:43 am

I was misguided in calling him "traitor."

I can see Vegetable's side of it. His brand of journalism serves to attack the lack of transparency in government. The hiding of government's deviousness. But Assange still stepped over many bounds.

Would anybody like everybody else to know ALL their secrets?

I wouldn't want a camera to document every move I make; I'd go absolutely stir-crazy.

I don't like people who seek to actively not mind other people's business.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 12:10 pm

^
No matter how dark your secrets might be :P , they won't affect the whole nation.

I hate busybodies and gossips but I'm not sure it's the case here - whatever Assange's motivations were, he must have felt quite strongly about it as he must have known his own life would be ruined no matter how things played out.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 12:57 pm

I'm more inclined to believe that he thought the "Shock and Awe" of his revelations would inspire the general public to welcome him with open arms, hail him as a hero, and protect him from the Big Bad Government he had betrayed.

Sucks to be him.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 1:36 pm

So give me some examples of what he shouldn't have revealed. US military shooting Reuters journalists? Corruption in the Kremlin? Hillary Clinton revealing she knows the Saudis fund ISIS while she took millions in donations from them? Mass murder? Torture? I'm sure there were "traitors" like him under the Nazis.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 1:51 pm

ANY military secrets.

Beside, if he was so willing to take the risks, he should have turned himself in 7 years ago instead of hiding behind some ambassador's skirts.