Page 2 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2019, 3:00 am

this aspie never cared for fiction, especially those fictions that revel in the worst of human nature and which have the effect of corroding the spirit of its viewing audience.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2019, 3:47 am

KestrylR wrote:
I read the books. The whole series is like the part from "The Princess Bride" when Westley dies and Buttercup marries Humperdinck and the kid says "Grampa, you're telling the story wrong!" except that in *this* series the princess doesn't ever wake up and the wrong people die and the worst people win. They were so awful I refuse to ever watch the show.

Aha! I do know something about Game of Thrones. It inspired the only bad music I've heard Mark Knopfler play. That's all I want to know about it. I watched the 1st Star Wars on screen, but found Star Trek dreadful. Maybe it was "camp." I've ignored both since. I'm also quite ignorant of Harry Potter and almost everything that appears on TV.

caThar4G
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2019, 6:49 am

I haven't watched it either.
It seems to have a lot of drama and violence with sexual scenes all throughout, I heard.
There's enough of that in the non-virtual world...too much, in fact, for my taste.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2019, 5:09 am

See? Perfectly charming chap.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2019, 9:21 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:

See? Perfectly charming chap.

The actor who plays Ser Gregor aka The Mountain. I'd post some clips of the character in action, but they're all too gruesome.

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2019, 11:47 pm

<sigh> at least your a Tolkien fan....

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2019, 3:44 am

graceksjp wrote:

<sigh> at least your a Tolkien fan....

Yeah but Morgoth, Sauron and the Nazgul are my favorite characters.

WallflowerAsparagus
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2019, 4:40 am

I believe I have seen a few episodes, even perhaps a whole season.
Sorry, but I found it boring and hard to follow - in the sense like a soap opera seems over the top and hard to follow. I don't get what all the fuss is about, but that's me.

My childhood best friend was in one season for about two episodes as "The Crone" - a whore.

I'm a Seinfeld fanatic and I'd rather watch episodes over and over OR some good old British comedy. I haven't sat down and watched a show or movie for a few weeks. Last was The Office S2 (American version).

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 156 of 200.
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 56 of 200.
RAADS-R score: 175.0
Artist | INFJ-T | heterodemisexual.

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2019, 11:35 am

EzraS wrote:

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2019, 11:50 am

EzraS wrote:

Fascinating heirarchy going on there. Morgoth is in a completely different league to Sauron, while the Nazgul just do what they're told by the big guys. I wasn't hugely gripped when I read Tolkien's "Children of Hurin" but it it did provide an insight into all their different powers.

I'm rather fascinated by the Valaraukar or Balrogs. They were originally Maiar and therefore very powerful and scary.

I apologise for going into geeky Tolkien fan mode... back to GoT.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2019, 1:06 pm

I haven't either.

Apart from soaps (and for the first time in my life, football) I'm always out of the loop.

I'm not sure if this is a random topic or if it's an autistic thing. It probably is quite an autistic thing as we don't (as strongly) feel the need to be doing what everyone else is doing.

This is probably snobby but last time I was in the loop, I listened to radio 4 a lot and I was at the Hay Festival.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2019, 2:17 pm

As long as I keep getting dragged back here, and grossed out by pictures, I was very disappointed to learn that Sauron's epilogue as Sharky was cut from the movie. He bore a very close resemblance to certain politicians on their way out.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2019, 5:22 am

Trueno wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Fascinating heirarchy going on there. Morgoth is in a completely different league to Sauron, while the Nazgul just do what they're told by the big guys. I wasn't hugely gripped when I read Tolkien's "Children of Hurin" but it it did provide an insight into all their different powers.

I'm rather fascinated by the Valaraukar or Balrogs. They were originally Maiar and therefore very powerful and scary.

I apologise for going into geeky Tolkien fan mode... back to GoT.

Idk Morgoth was a self-proclaimed ruler of Middle Earth from Angband. Sauron was
was a self-proclaimed ruler of Middle Earth from Mordor. Then there was the Witch King of Angmar who overthrew the North.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2019, 5:32 am

US Army recruiters used to ask the boys questions about Shakespeare's work. If they knew the answers, they were disqualified from most outfits.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2019, 5:41 am

I've never watched it. It's never appealed to me. I'm more of a crime drama fan.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2019, 6:45 am

graceksjp wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Oops I forgot Sauruman, Gothmog and Glaurung. And Ungoliant and her charming daughter Shelob. Gollum too.