Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Muia
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Apr 2019, 7:50 am

Hi everyone,

I remember when No Man’s Sky was in development about four years ago and I was interested in the concept but then I forgot all about it until I read a news article about music in video games. The band 65daysofstatic created the score and I finally bought the game and can’t stop playing!

I love the fact you can explore all these different planets at your own pace, meet new species and craft bases, collect and create. The fact that you could never visit every planet interests me, and that you may never come across another ‘real life’ player the whole time you’re playing.

I get to have control of my own universe, build what I want and follow the interesting storyline. Not completed it yet but I’ve played over 30 hours so far and I’ve only had it a couple of weeks.

Anyone else played this game? I’m behind a few years as it’s not a new game but I love finding little gems like this one. Quite literally can find little gems within the game too lol.

You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

RAADS-R SCORE: 148

AQ score: 39

EQ score: 20

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2019, 8:12 am

I am interested in this game but I am waiting for its next patch which will include VR compatibility.

Muia

13 Apr 2019, 8:55 am

I must admit the VR version looks amazing. Watched a YouTube video of someone testing it and it looks very well done so far. Might have to purchase the VR headset...

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2019, 2:54 pm

Ehh, you say you're behind a couple of years, but you're really not. The version of the game you see today is NOT the version that released initially. Over the last couple of years they redid basically everything (even the graphics have been given a complete overhaul) and injected a bazillion bits of content and new mechanics and everything. It's SO different, that it's almost like they put out a sequel instead of an update. Seriously, that's how much it's changed.

And the response from players matches that. Everyone HATED it at launch. Now everyone adores it. It's been absolutely fascinating to watch that happen, actually. Absolutely hilarious to watch it happen with specific friends of mine that whined alot when the first version released.

But anyway, yeah, I play it quite a bit. I tend to get really distracted though. Like, I'll have some mission to do, but then I'll get distracted by some other thing, which leads to some other mission, and then I find some building somewhere, and I have to explore that, and.... yeah. So I dont progress through the whole main quest very fast at all. That, and I tend to start over from scratch every time they release a major update, since those are usually quite game-changing.

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
I am interested in this game but I am waiting for its next patch which will include VR compatibility.

YES.

It looks amazing. So many times when using the Oculus, I kept wishing I could play this particular game in it. But then I'd be like, "nah, that's wishful thinking... it'll never happen".

And now, it is happening. Excitement grows.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 1:10 am

Yes. There's a lot of games I play in VR, where afterwards I find it hard to enjoy games similar to them in non VR. No Man's Sky being one of those games I just couldn't find enough interest in to buy, because there's lots of other VR games that bear similarities in some regards (ie. Minecraft, The Forest, Elite Dangerous, X Rebirth, House of the Dying Sun).

Map84
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Apr 2019, 12:28 pm

I started playing this game a little while ago, I'm not a big game player but nms is really exceptional, such a creative and unusual game.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 88 of 200

Muia

03 May 2019, 6:46 am

My old ship and me!