Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Skip_to_my_lu
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Apr 2019, 7:09 pm

Hey Everyone,

I think I might be an aspie. I always danced around the idea, but never jumped in to reading up on it. I recently won an award at my college (I'm 31 and finally getting my degree after finding my passion, plants) and i had to get up there an speak. It wasnt for very long, literally less than a minute. I wrote all my stuff down and noticed I was the only one holding cards. I forget when I am nervous. I got out the general info (well most of it) and then I got to my future plans. I had written them down, they were right there. And I looked at the words and blanked. Instead I said thank you and walked to receive my award (well wait because I was too fast and the person before me wasnt done). This isnt the first time this happened. It happened at an event where i received a scholarship. I got some stuff out but stumbled and fell over stuff that people who were practically children sailed through with ease. I wondered if they were going to take the scholarship back. Ive always been kind of a loner, great in one on one convos, loved to read (anything I could get my hands). I turned inward away from my family because I believed the fact that I remembered everything annoyed or weirded them out. I didnt hold back at first because I thought everybody remembered everything and thought in pictures, but I felt pushed away. I haven't made a real friend in years, not that other women haven't tried. I get anxiety at the idea of someone getting to know me. I feel like I can't tell my significant other. I feel as though he wont understand as he bucked the idea of getting our own daughter tested for asd. I'm in a situation where I'm constantly uncomfortable and cant do much about it. I feel like I'm drowning in all my duties and feel like its affecting my ability to parent. I joined so that I could have people who understand and not feel so alone.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 8:00 pm

Welcome to WP!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2019, 3:17 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)