Was you babyish when you was a teenager?

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2019, 12:51 pm

When I was about 13-15 I had a habit of acting much younger, and my relatives found it embarrassing. I remember once when I was 14 I was walking along with my mum, and I was in an argumentative sort of mood. Then a car with a loud engine zoomed by, and the sound irritated me so much that I started crying in that whiny sort of way. My mum looked around embarrassed, and said, "sometimes I wonder how old you are!"

Another time when I was 15 I couldn't find my homework, and I made a big fuss and laid on the kitchen floor crying loudly, and my mum called me a baby because I was acting like one I suppose.

Did you do baby or childlike behaviour when you was a teenager? I know teenagers are immature but there are some things most kids grow out of before puberty.

:oops:

skiddlebugz
Toucan
Toucan

18 Apr 2019, 1:47 pm

I was a bit babyish when I was a teen. It was probably because I wasn’t in helpful medication though. It was hard for me to make friends because of it.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2019, 5:36 pm

I'm not sure about babyish, but I was certainly young for my age.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2019, 8:51 pm

Define "babyish"

Sometimes I acted older, equal, or under

But other teens did too

No boyfriend or girlfriend

One brief job. Did not support the family

Certainly sometimes I made statements and actions that "most people. " Rightly or wrongly label as babyish

traven
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2019, 1:03 am

not at all, was a little 'adult' as a child, i had extensive work & responsabilities in my teens,
when i turned away from the classmates to other compagny the parents put on their wargear in a panic
after all i helped them with, they threw me away, in crazy escalation happenings anyway
well, it saved their marriage i suppose :mrgreen:

lylamorris
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Apr 2019, 1:45 am

Maturity and immaturity, as well, both are subjective terms. Different people may act differently under the given situation. It depends on various hormonal balances and quite strongly on your environment in which you have been raised.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

19 Apr 2019, 3:10 am

My sisters were.
I wasn't.
I was considered "premature", thought from today's perspective, it was rather my masking strategy of not showing vulnerabilities.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Mimi Marquez
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Apr 2019, 7:35 am

I'm fifteen and I'm definitely something of the opposite. I feel as though my peers are judgemental and shallow, and most of my actual friends are far older than me.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2019, 8:19 am

traven wrote:
not at all, was a little 'adult' as a child, i had extensive work & responsabilities in my teens

This. I was forced to fend for myself from an early age.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2019, 8:51 am

I don't know.
I was very ill as a teenager. My mother was overprotective and smothered me. My father thought I just lacked moral fibre and all my problems would be solved if I got out and played football (I barely had the energy to sit up straight). It's a good job I'm not bitter or anything.

If I had not been ill, I suspect I wouldn't have made a very mature teenager... I'm sure I would have been a complete pillock.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2019, 11:06 am

Joe90 wrote:
When I was about 13-15 I had a habit of acting much younger, and my relatives found it embarrassing. I remember once when I was 14 I was walking along with my mum, and I was in an argumentative sort of mood. Then a car with a loud engine zoomed by, and the sound irritated me so much that I started crying in that whiny sort of way. My mum looked around embarrassed, and said, "sometimes I wonder how old you are!"

Another time when I was 15 I couldn't find my homework, and I made a big fuss and laid on the kitchen floor crying loudly, and my mum called me a baby because I was acting like one I suppose.

Did you do baby or childlike behaviour when you was a teenager? I know teenagers are immature but there are some things most kids grow out of before puberty.

:oops:

Yes, I was r but I didn't kick and scream the floor but I did have a few tantrums that were about the level of a 7-year-old. I also would hit when I didn't get my way or be told "No." Especially when I wanted something but my mom and dad would always butt in with "Sorry you're too old for that."

1. I hit my mom once for not allowing me to get a free balloon at a restaurant because she gave me the "You're too old lecture."

Back at 13, I liked the Lion King but my parents again thought I was too old for that. I would watch my sister, who was 7 at the time, get things related to Lion King because of the above. I would sit and cry everytime I didn't something related to Lion King.

Also during that year, my sister had a party for her birthday and I was jealous because I didn't get presents so I went to cry. I also recently had entered into womanhood and it was that time and didn't like the feel of sanitary napkins. So I cried like a baby needed a diaper change. Mom came in and asked me what was wrong before lecturing me about how she heard from dad that I was jealous and ruined the party with my crying. So I kicked her.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2019, 11:25 am

I didn't kick and scream, I just laid on the floor crying.

I also remember at 14 I wanted to wear eye makeup for school, but wasn't sure how to put it on properly. My mum started doing it for me, but I wouldn't sit still and she started yelling at me (we were in a rush). Then I started crying because I was frustrated, and she said, "I can't put it on if you're bawling like a baby, can I?"
After that I felt ashamed of myself because I imagined the other girls in my class knowing how to put their makeup on by themselves.

God, I was a big baby back then. :oops: I know it's normal for teenage girls to cry, but I cried at things a toddler would cry at, and didn't cover my face when crying like most teens/adults do. :oops: Stupid brat I was.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2019, 11:04 am

Joe90 wrote:
I didn't kick and scream, I just laid on the floor crying.

I also remember at 14 I wanted to wear eye makeup for school, but wasn't sure how to put it on properly. My mum started doing it for me, but I wouldn't sit still and she started yelling at me (we were in a rush). Then I started crying because I was frustrated, and she said, "I can't put it on if you're bawling like a baby, can I?"
After that I felt ashamed of myself because I imagined the other girls in my class knowing how to put their makeup on by themselves.

God, I was a big baby back then. :oops: I know it's normal for teenage girls to cry, but I cried at things a toddler would cry at, and didn't cover my face when crying like most teens/adults do. :oops: Stupid brat I was.

No, it was because our brains were developing much slowly but that's why we need extra guidance while we are developing.

Other things I did during my teen years
1. At 16 I got my ears pierced and had asked my cousins for hoop earrings for Christmas which they did not get me. So I had a tantrum at the big family Christmas party.
2. I threw a couple of fits in shop class because my project was not getting done on time.

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2019, 8:18 pm

I've always been more intellectually mature and less emotionally immature than my physical age.

For example, I was intellectually old enough to go to enter grade one when I was four years old. But emotionally I couldn't handle it, so I was held back. When I did start one year later, I was still younger than all my classmates. I was five and they were all six or seven.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2019, 12:08 am

At the age of 28 I found out that people had nicknamed me "baby" since my teenage years, so probably!

I'm still immature but back then I used to whine a lot about how unfair things too.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2019, 7:19 pm

domineekee wrote:
At the age of 28 I found out that people had nicknamed me "baby" since my teenage years, so probably!

I'm still immature but back then I used to whine a lot about how unfair things too.

This is not a tantrum but I think it was kind of funny: :lol:

My childhood best friend started talking about things for teens like music, how cute her boyfriend was and other things. Me, I was quoting lines from Disney movies with her 5-year-old brother. For example, Hunchback of Notre Dame came out in 1996. We kept quoting "Pour the wine and cut the cheese."

Other times
1. I laughed at another student who was saying things in a loud and screechy voice during class and I was not supposed to because it would be enabling him