I want to be Lady Olenna from Game of Thrones

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2019, 10:29 pm

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2019, 9:19 am

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:

Someone beat you to it.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2019, 10:18 am

Fnord wrote:

Someone beat you to it.

^ :lol:

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2019, 10:27 am

I think her wisest quote was "I've known many clever men and I outlived them all. You know how? I ignored them."

Maybe I should start doing that? She's basically saying don't fight battles you can't win, right? 8)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2019, 12:54 pm

I think her wisest quote was "I've known many clever men and I outlived them all. You know how? I ignored them."
The cleverest of all, in my opinion is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month." -- Fyodor Dostoevsky (1821-1881); Russian novelist, short story writer, essayist, journalist and philosopher.

Maybe I should start doing that? She's basically saying don't fight battles you can't win, right?
"Choose your battles wisely. After all, life isn't measured by how many times you stood up to fight. It's not winning battles that makes you happy, but it's how many times you turned away and chose to look into a better direction. Life is too short to spend it on warring. Fight only the most, most, most important ones, let the rest go." -- C. JoyBell C.

... and ...

"You've got to pick your battles ... but then fight to the death for the ones that matter." -- Tiffany Schmidt

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2019, 12:59 pm

Fnord wrote:
The cleverest of all, in my opinion is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month." -- Fyodor Dostoevsky (1821-1881); Russian novelist, short story writer, essayist, journalist and philosopher.

Hmm... then maybe I'm more clever than I think. I can at least admit when I'm wrong. :)

I know I've screwed up a lot in my life. Lol

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2019, 1:14 pm

As far as Dostoevsky's advice is concerned, I flip myself off in the mirror every morning, thus beating all of my "detractors" to it!

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2019, 1:38 pm

List of genuine things I'm admitting I was a fool for doing:

1. Blaming my failures and problems in life on other people including my own mother.

2. Blaming myself for things I did due to my mental illness before I found out I have bipolar disorder.

3. Getting worked up and angry trying to defend the American South for a civil war that we started over a century and a half ago (but at least I never defended slavery or racism)!. I now admit that war really was entirely our fault... and it sickens me seeing those confederate flag-waving idiots who can't let go of the past and move forward everywhere I go. :(

4. Burning bridges with all my friends and family every time I had a manic episode.

5. Having a big mouth and saying things that may one day get me into serious legal trouble.

6. Hurting my family and trying to run away from home several times.

7. Starting fights with sly.

8. Blowing every last cent I got on junk instead of saving up for the future.

And some things I'd rather not admit to because they were really horrible things that I'm still very ashamed of.

Anyways like Jaime said "There are lessons to be learned in failures" and Olenna followed with "Yes, you must be very wise by now."

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2019, 1:54 pm

Since I found out that you (and a few others) have a bipolar disorder, I've been trying to cut you (and the others) some extra slack and focus on only the gist of your statements.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2019, 2:01 pm

Fnord wrote:
Since I found out that you (and a few others) have a bipolar disorder, I've been trying to cut you (and the others) some extra slack and focus on only the gist of your statements.

I know I probably come across as a rambling lunatic at times, but I genuinenly do mean well and care about people. I promise. :)

Speaking of Game of Thrones. Here's a beautiful version of the song "The Rains of Castamere". I love this song. :dj: