Page 3 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2019, 9:58 pm

Fnord wrote:
sly279 wrote:
One shouldn’t mistake luck with strategy
What you call "luck" favors only the bold and those who persevere.

Never give up.

I’m 31. It’s too late for me. All I have to look forward to is a sad lonely life and eventually death that frees me from hell.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2019, 9:59 pm

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I never doubted the old "Hi! My name is Fnord. May I join you?"

99 times out of a hundred they would say 'No'. The 1 time someone said 'Yes' made it all worthwhile.

Never give up.

(Now I'm waiting for the inevitable: "Oh, but Fnord, no one ever says 'Yes' to me! :cry: ")

But when you have significant deficits in qualities that are almost universally required to elicit interest from your preferred sex, that poses a significant challenge. Additionally, generally, the more skewed towards rejection that your rejection-acceptance ratio is, the lower threshold you have for rejection. People who receive a lot of acceptance are able to feel better by focusing on those instances of acceptance when they are rejected, but conversely, several rejections for someone who is perpetually rejected just reinforce in their mind that they're not worthy, and are as such more taxing on that person.

This is why my opinion is that you need to develop a product worth marketing before taking it to market, so-to-speak. You are statistically more likely to be accepted if you have attractive qualities that appeal to the mainstream, and a "can-do" attitude than if you come packaged with dysfunction and a bunch of "I can't"s. A can-do attitude is developed by achieving in the face of adversity.

So I have a question: What are things that one with Autism could market that would make them stand out? Without social skills there isn't much else to market. I mean there is talent but the problem with developing a product and "marketing" it, is that marketing requires social skills to do that which people on the spectrum lack and sadly not many areas have access to services to help with that. Kind of end up being a "Catch 22"...

When I say market, I mean put yourself out there and get yourself in situations where you will come into contact with people you could potentially date. If you have your life together and have enough attractive qualities, then it's simply a matter of finding someone who's single and interested.

Obviously problems with social skills complicate things for many of us, but that doesn't mean you can't work on maximising them as best you can. You may never have great social skills, but unless you have severe deficits, it is likely that you can work on them enough to make them adequate. Moreover, those who are good socially tend to have a high level of confidence, so developing confidence through achievement in the face of adversity is likely to help.

The qualities that are generally necessary to find a relationship if you're a straight man are physical attractiveness, independence and financial stability. Physically, you don't have to be a male model but you do need to look good enough that you're not routinely perceived as below average, unless maybe you would be satisfied with a woman who would also be routinely perceived as below average. The importance of independence and financial stability increase with age. A 20 year-old guy might be able to get away with living at home and not earning the funds necessary to sustain an independent lifestyle, but that is less true for a 30 year-old, and even less true for a 40 year-old, etc.

Is like it if you stopped posting the get your life together s**t as it just makes me depressed

Zack1994
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Apr 2019, 10:04 pm

Sly you show that I am not alone in my problems.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2019, 11:37 pm

Zack1994 wrote:
Sly you show that I am not alone in my problems.

You’re younger atleast you still have time

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2019, 11:47 pm

sly279 wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I never doubted the old "Hi! My name is Fnord. May I join you?"

99 times out of a hundred they would say 'No'. The 1 time someone said 'Yes' made it all worthwhile.

Never give up.

(Now I'm waiting for the inevitable: "Oh, but Fnord, no one ever says 'Yes' to me! :cry: ")

But when you have significant deficits in qualities that are almost universally required to elicit interest from your preferred sex, that poses a significant challenge. Additionally, generally, the more skewed towards rejection that your rejection-acceptance ratio is, the lower threshold you have for rejection. People who receive a lot of acceptance are able to feel better by focusing on those instances of acceptance when they are rejected, but conversely, several rejections for someone who is perpetually rejected just reinforce in their mind that they're not worthy, and are as such more taxing on that person.

This is why my opinion is that you need to develop a product worth marketing before taking it to market, so-to-speak. You are statistically more likely to be accepted if you have attractive qualities that appeal to the mainstream, and a "can-do" attitude than if you come packaged with dysfunction and a bunch of "I can't"s. A can-do attitude is developed by achieving in the face of adversity.

So I have a question: What are things that one with Autism could market that would make them stand out? Without social skills there isn't much else to market. I mean there is talent but the problem with developing a product and "marketing" it, is that marketing requires social skills to do that which people on the spectrum lack and sadly not many areas have access to services to help with that. Kind of end up being a "Catch 22"...

When I say market, I mean put yourself out there and get yourself in situations where you will come into contact with people you could potentially date. If you have your life together and have enough attractive qualities, then it's simply a matter of finding someone who's single and interested.

Obviously problems with social skills complicate things for many of us, but that doesn't mean you can't work on maximising them as best you can. You may never have great social skills, but unless you have severe deficits, it is likely that you can work on them enough to make them adequate. Moreover, those who are good socially tend to have a high level of confidence, so developing confidence through achievement in the face of adversity is likely to help.

The qualities that are generally necessary to find a relationship if you're a straight man are physical attractiveness, independence and financial stability. Physically, you don't have to be a male model but you do need to look good enough that you're not routinely perceived as below average, unless maybe you would be satisfied with a woman who would also be routinely perceived as below average. The importance of independence and financial stability increase with age. A 20 year-old guy might be able to get away with living at home and not earning the funds necessary to sustain an independent lifestyle, but that is less true for a 30 year-old, and even less true for a 40 year-old, etc.

Is like it if you stopped posting the get your life together s**t as it just makes me depressed

Very well. From this point forth I'll stop posting those kinds of posts on your threads and to you directly, but I'll continue as I please to post my opinions in threads that aren't yours, either to others directly or just as general statements.

I will, however, respond candidly to people on this thread if they reference what I've said, but on any new threads made by you, I will not make the kinds of posts you've mentioned having issues with.

Last edited by The Grand Inquisitor on 30 Apr 2019, 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2019, 11:53 pm

Sorry I’m not trying to be mean it’s just I cant improve or get my life together etc so it’s depressing to hear.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2019, 11:58 pm

If you see a woman you really like, just be brave, breathe then go up to her, tell her you think she is beautiful & how long you been working here.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2019, 12:02 am

sly279 wrote:
Sorry I’m not trying to be mean it’s just I cant improve or get my life together etc so it’s depressing to hear.

I don't take offense and I understand. I don't think you're beyond hope, but I also think you're probably at least a bit more capable than you give yourself credit for. I understand that you have conditions that prevent you from working full-time, but I do wonder if there are other part-time positions you could explore that might pay a bit more. Getting training in something will generally increase the value of your labour.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2019, 12:09 am

sly279 wrote:

I don't take offense and I understand. I don't think you're beyond hope, but I also think you're probably at least a bit more capable than you give yourself credit for. I understand that you have conditions that prevent you from working full-time, but I do wonder if there are other part-time positions you could explore that might pay a bit more. Getting training in something will generally increase the value of your labour.

Part time jobs are mostly non wage retail jobs or fast food. There aren’t pet time teacher, part time police, part time fire men, part time office workers etc.
and take this job they want to fire me, if I’d pushed myself to do hours they want they’d dropped me hours or fire me and I’d be homeless as I can only make 1180 a month and still get ssdi. Once off it’s take years and lawyers to get back on if I ever could. So it’s irresponsible to risk that on a job that will just screw me over later. Hours at my work can range from 8-38 and you never know when it’ll change

So any part time job would have to pay 2,000 at lest just to cover rent and bills. And be no better off then I am now so still no car.
It’s have to pay 5,000 to be what most women want in a man

There now 15 hour a week job out there that’ll pay for a house to live in alone and a brand new 30,000 dollar car

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2019, 12:25 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
If you see a woman you really like, just be brave, breathe then go up to her, tell her you think she is beautiful & how long you been working here.

From men like me that’s creepy and deemed harassment. I’ve been told repeatedly I’m not good enough for any women and not to talk to them. As it’s just waste of their time

Dan82
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 May 2019, 12:35 am

sly279 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Never give up.

I’m 31. It’s too late for me. All I have to look forward to is a sad lonely life and eventually death that frees me from hell.

Romance is like relating to people squared. It's really complicated and hits hard and gets really personal. You can do game groups and things if you try to keep things simple.

Dan82
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 May 2019, 12:37 am

sly279 wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

From men like me that’s creepy and deemed harassment.

Not to be a jerk, but I second this. Lots of women talk about unappreciated attention from men in places they're not asking for it. It's kind of a cliche, even.

sly279 wrote:
I’ve been told repeatedly I’m not good enough for any women and not to talk to them. As it’s just waste of their time

I'd say try to be generally innocuous and as appealing as is reasonable, and not approach women for no reason, uninvited.

The point I'm trying to make is that you don't have to be the most desirable person in the world if you play your cards right with the right person. The act of playing your cards right is appreciated. Not to be crass, but think about how maligned overweight people are; there are "chubby chasers." Sometimes people like choosing to be attracted to people they're being told not to be attracted to. But, again, you have to play your cards right.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2019, 2:30 am

O.o

SecretOpossumCabal
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 May 2019, 9:03 am

sly279 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Never give up.

It just took me one year from age 30 to start enjoying my workouts sly, ONE YEAR.

That's all, look, half the year is already over, it feels like last month it was Christmas, but the years are going by THAT quickly.

Our perception of time, from here on out, is only going to get faster.

1 year of workouts and eating right would turn you into a confidant stud, from that point, you'll only get stronger and yet more bold. Don't wait for the tragedy to happen to change, start slowly like i did, get a treadmill and do 15-20 minutes each day, Then in a few months, do 30 minutes a day, just add time as you get stronger.

Nowadays I have to force myself off my treadmill at around the 50 minute mark because I just enjoy it so much. It feels so darn good.

Also, get an exercise ball and search youtube for exercise ball playlists to keep your body flexible and limber, this will prevent future pain as well as work out your entire body, ab workouts are also excellent and very comfortable on the exercise ball.

If you still like to play videogames, do these workouts BEFORE you play anything and the videogames would feel like a reward and hence more enjoyable. Which would make being alone much more tolerable and maybe even enjoyable one day.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2019, 9:12 am

sly279 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
sly279 wrote:
One shouldn't mistake luck with strategy
What you call "luck" favors only the bold and those who persevere. Never give up.
I’m 31. It’s too late for me.
I met my wife in my 30s, not much older than you are now.
sly279 wrote:
All I have to look forward to is a sad lonely life and eventually death that frees me from hell.
Is that your plan -- sadness, loneliness and death?

No wonder you have such lousy "luck".

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2019, 12:30 pm

Fnord wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
sly279 wrote:
One shouldn't mistake luck with strategy
What you call "luck" favors only the bold and those who persevere. Never give up.
I’m 31. It’s too late for me.
I met my wife in my 30s, not much older than you are now.
sly279 wrote:
All I have to look forward to is a sad lonely life and eventually death that frees me from hell.
Is that your plan -- sadness, loneliness and death?

No wonder you have such lousy "luck".

We’re and are you on disability getting 760 dollars a month? Ore are you working full time, have a house and car etc?
Find people in my situation who’ve met women willing do to date them long term. Good luck.

My plan no, life’s plan yess. Society’s plan yes.
There’s no luck for worthless men like me. You don’t seem to get how women look down on me and how horrible they think I am. Men call me a loser. Most people here on we say I’ll never find a gf cause no woman will date a man who doesn’t have his life together. I think you’ve said so few times. So why should I keep hope for something that will never happen. Society deems men like me worthless and would prefer we died.
No one ever says women would want a guy like me it’s always about how they wouldn’t .