Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Shamtroll22
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Apr 2019, 6:09 am

Anyone here like Rush, the progressive rock group from Canada active from 1974-2018? If so feel free to tell me about your favourite song, album, or even a concert involving the trio in action.

My favourite songs would be Red Barchetta, Natural Science, Limelight, Subdivisions, What You're Doing.

On another note, for my 19th birthday I did manage to acquire a copy of their 1989 album Presto and was blown away by its contents.

Closer to the heart
Yes closer to the heart
Philosophers and plowmen
Each must know his part
To sow a new mentality
Closer to the heart

AlanMooresBeard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 May 2019, 4:00 am

Fellow Rush fan here. I tend to prefer their 70s era the most especially long epic tracks like 2112 and Cygnus X-1 along with shorter rockers like Anthem and Circumstances. I’m not into their 80s period so much. I think they became a bit too synth dominated after Moving Pictures at the expense of the guitars. That said, they still have some good songs from this period like Between The Wheels. I generally like everything from Counterparts onwards. Clockwork Angels was a decent record to go out on.

I was lucky to see them live 3 times. They didn’t tour outside North America all that much so I made sure to see them whenever they came over to London. They were great on all 3 occasions especially on the Time Machine tour where they played Moving Pictures in full. I would have loved to have seen them on their last tour but they didn’t come over here unfortunately. :( Still, at least I did get to see them a few times.