Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2019, 10:30 am

I’m down 16 pounds. I’ve been taking my metformin to help me lose weight (I’m on it to counteract another med), doing exercises, limiting my soda intake and only treating myself once in awhile.

I’ve gone from 267 to 251. I’m 101 pounds away from my goal. I know 150 is overweight but my doctor says that is the most realistic weight for me. I’ll probably be a size 10 based on what I’ve been told which isn’t perfect but better than a size 20/22 on my 5’3 frame. Sorry for the long post but it’s finally happening.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2019, 1:05 pm

Well done. The good thing about exercising to is that it gets easier and more enjoyable as you loose weight.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2019, 9:38 pm

That's a good start. Why does your doctor think getting below 150 is unrealistic?

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2019, 11:44 pm

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
That's a good start. Why does your doctor think getting below 150 is unrealistic?

I was on medications like Depakote and Risperdal when I was younger that wreaked havoc on my body and metabolism. I could literally go vegetarian (which I did for a bit) and still fluctuate even on my current meds.

I have to take my meds especially the seizure med (Lamictal) and my antipsychotic. I have epilepsy and if I don’t take my Abilify I am not...stable. I don’t want to mention why on this thread but if you have any questions just PM me. You seem like a good guy and I appreciate your honesty with me. My body, stability and just everything about me has been through living hell.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2019, 9:06 am

Nice progress. Keep up the good work. :)

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2019, 9:13 am

Congratulations! Good luck on getting to your goal!