Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

ollychan
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 6:26 pm

ollychan wrote:
The Miseducation of Lauryn hill, the miscarriage of azealia banks pt 2 reloaded, and the mismanagement of .. who knows

everybody knows ..

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 8:17 pm

ollychan wrote:
its not like america is going anywhere that soon.

If you want to bump up your post count, could I suggest you do it in another forum?
Or spread it around in all forums. :mrgreen:

Pax. :wink:

breaks0
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 May 2019, 10:55 pm

Pepe wrote:
breaks0 wrote:

How is China aggressive, especially relative to the US? I see 800-odd US military bases around the world. China has what a few dozen if that? How many does Russia have, a few? Who's been on this ridiculous war on everywhere since 9/11 seemingly w/o end and carry out regime change operations and militarily occupying countries round the world, backing fascist movements here and abroad (for example, Ukraine, Hungary and Poland) for a very long time? I don't see China or Russia doing that. Whose insane military budget is now over 3/4 of a trillion dollars/year and actually involves another half trillion in extra-budgetary expenditures, all of which excedes what the next 10 highest ranked countries combined? You're parroting talking points from the US establishment which have little basis in on the ground realities.

And as to your point about Australia, right and who's the main market for your natural resources exports? It's not Gringostan (the US). You're also under the US nuclear umbrella, the size of whose arsenal is only matched by Russia's. You really have nothing to worry about from the PRC, as I said you need them as a market for your exports.

Quote:
China’s squeeze on Australian coal nothing to do with Huawei’s 5G ban. Really? https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/geopolit ... eis-5g-ban

Quote:

Quote:
Chinese paper warns Australia on 'interference' in South China Sea https://www.smh.com.au/world/chinese-pa ... 0c4ge.html

Quote:
China building on new reef in South China Sea, think tank says https://www.reuters.com/article/us-chin ... SKCN1NQ08Y

Quote:
Mike Pence to warn against Chinese 'intimidation' in South China Sea https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... -china-sea

Quote:
Australia to spend billions to counter China in Pacific islands https://www.dw.com/en/australia-to-spen ... a-46202867

Quote:
China's 'brazen' and 'aggressive' political interference outlined in top-secret report https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-29/ ... de/9810236

Quote:
China in Africa: win-win development, or a new colonialism? https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2018 ... olonialism

Quote:
China’s Navy Flaunts Its Power, But to What End? https://thediplomat.com/2019/04/chinas- ... -what-end/

Your article posts didn't answer what I was saying much at all. Of course China's asserting its sovereignty in the South China Sea, it's a rising power, what do you expect it to do? Especially since it views that territory and those waters as its own. I'm aware several other nations lay claim to parts of those waters and I'm not a lawyer obviously, but it's hardly surprising that China would do this. If you take the view that China has a possibly legally valid claim to those areas and the force to impose its will to some extent then sure this is what's gonna happen. It isn't like the far more powerful US navy isn't in the neighborhood and in alliance with, for example, your country, Taiwan and Vietnam, among others.

As to China's interest in coal and a whole host of other minerals your country exports, well as I said, where's the market? It goes way beyond Huawei obviously and much of what it's used to reexport at least until Trump started these own goal trade wars goes to my country. And probably to yours as well. You posted a Pence statement, I couldn't give two s**ts what that maniac says about anything. As to political interference in your country's affairs, ok maybe. Shall we go down the list of countries (the much much longer list) that the US is f*****g up right now, including in your neighborhood? There's one military superpower still and it's not China.

Finally as to Africa, well again ok, but the West hasn't been doing the same for over 100 years? Do I really need to recount that history to you or what's going on now? Do you know what Africom is? You should be a little more worried about all this blowback from US imperialism is creating on your superpower patron b/c believe me, Brenton Tarrant is just the tip of the iceberg. Try asking NZ about that.

ollychan
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 5:37 am

breaks0 wrote:
How does the present course of US policy-making on the world stage make the US stronger? It doesn't at all. It builds up a f*****g military industrial complex that wastes literally trillions of dollars, pollutes the planet more than any other, alienates most of our allies around the world, feeds terrorist groups abroad while ignoring the real white nationalist terrorist threat here in the US and pushes alot of the world's other most powerful countries into China's orbit. Namely Iran, Russia, even our ally India b/c they HAVE to trade w/China in order to avoid a war and b/c they need Chinese investment as well as access to their market. Olly is right, the present course is accelerating the collapse of the US empire, while China is kicking out ass economically and diplomatically round the world. It's too late, you can't stop them and trying to do so rather than engaging them just undercuts US influence abroad, while Trump and his junta f**k up the economy for all but the top 10% of the population in wealth terms domestically.

america has no ally if it falls..

ollychan
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 2:00 am

american leaders were not capable of leading their own country or the world.

I think what got america so brazen was because since the ussr collapsed everyone seems to come to the conclusion this beautiful juggernaut should be adopted as the final form of the entire human civilization ,

what kind of simplistic and delusional thinking was that we dont even know . then karl marx's critique still resonates with todays climate so (not defending any trotsky stuff ) .

ollychan
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 2:15 am

its really america's own fault. For the past two decades it acted as the single most irrational force on the world stage et tout le monde sait ça. Irrational, Irresponsible, Immodest, Inconsiderate, Ideologist (defined as .. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different ideology based on the belief that one's own ideologist is superior .. ) .

ollychan
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 4:11 am

ollychan wrote:

I think what got america so brazen was because since the ussr collapsed everyone seems to come to the conclusion this beautiful juggernaut should be adopted as the final form of the entire human civilization ,

what kind of simplistic and delusional thinking was that we dont even know . then karl marx's critique still resonates with todays climate so (not defending any trotsky stuff ) .

and put a few rainbows around it we get 6ix9ine.

ollychan
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 8:57 am

ollychan wrote:

It also felt grandeur to be the one to ceo(verb) the maxipads and toilet papers of the seven billion population .

ollychan
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2019, 5:27 am

the whole world is watching the anglos on a crazy binge again . for no good reason again.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 9:02 pm

A squeaky poor person like myself can only imagine what it would be like to be filthy rich.