Do You Have the Same Politics or Religion You Grew Up With?

Page 5 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 8:41 am

League_Girl wrote:

I went from believing in god to being an atheist in junior high when I learned more science and gained more knowledge and god made less and less sense to a point he sounded like a fairy tale.

It seems God is a manifestation of a part of the evolved neocortex.
Anthropological studies suggest that before this development of the brain, it was not possible for our ancestors to conceive the concept of "god".

As I like to say:
God did not create man.
Man created god.
And didn't he do a botched-up job. 8O :wink:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 10:44 am

No,my family was Episcopalian and Republican.Although they were “Rockefeller” Republicans,so now would be labeled as Rhinos.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 12:00 pm

I grew up in what is now known as the Churches of God General Conference, which espoused the worst of Calvinistic and Arminian theology. Even though I now am a member of a Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod congregation, I still struggle with what I was taught growing up.

As for political persuasion, I’ve been burned by too many political cretins, especially if they are coming out of DoD. The only thing I wanted was to be left alone to do the task assigned; unfortunately, when working as a contractor-employee, I was constantly being f!cked over and f!cked up by my superiors. I really don’t care anymore about the politics, other than that they’re all g!d-damned stupid-assed motherf!cking sons of b!tches who don’t deserve to live. As long as they don’t f!ck with my social security check and Medicare and leave me the hell alone, the politicos can take a long walk off Steel Pier in Atlantic City, NJ, for all I care. In short, i’d Rather be a recluse and a hermit.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 2:49 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM7MFYoylVs

We all have our Stories; Symbols, Whether Words or other Symbols
That Bind us And Bond us More to Order Than what we may otherwise
Experience as an Anxiety and a Chaos We Co-Create With the Rest of Nature Negatively.
i grew up with the Christian Religion, amongst folks who practiced the Polar Opposite Actions
From the Teachings; so, obviously it was a Message that wasn't getting through to Most of the Folks who
Played Lip and Ear Service to it; but the 'Bloody Hell' with Actions of Love no Different than the New
'Religious Order Leader', Their Dear Trump
who expresses most everything Opposite
to Any Real Love Story Narrated of
Jesus at Least for Folks who Actually
Read and Pay Attention to the Parables as Metaphors
that are Spoken a bit Deeper than Twitter Talks these days.
We Humans have Lost our Story Telling Abilities that we used to do in every day life on Living Room Couches then
that spoke; and not just screens that light us up. i used to think there was something wrong with me for why my Elder
Relatives could Orate Paragraphs of Deeply Moving Emotional Words that Obviously Lit them Up Like A Christmas Tree
Living now; as i couldn't do much more than say two words of working working when folks asked me what i had been up
to. It's true, i was part of someone else's Story in the Work-A-Day World. My Creativity that was alive and Writing Plays
and Award Winning Poetry in Middle School Was Snuffed out by Multiple Choice Acing Test Life and Short Fill in the
Blank Answers. Our Emotions and Senses are the Neuro-Chemicals and Neuro-Hormones that Naturally Heal Us
Within, Inside, Outside, Above, So Below, and All Around. Ha! i've Heard Folks who complain about Cognitive
Executive Functioning, in Terms of Working Short Term Memory and Focus, suggest Emotions are Old School
And for folks somehow Inferiorly evolved. Emotions as Science Shows are the Fuel that originates first
most all our rational decisions; take them away and you will not even have the Cognitive
Executive Functioning to Choose What Color Socks First Before You can even move
yourself to get Out of your home. Emotional And Physical Intelligences in Terms of Moving
And Connecting and Co-Creating are the Oldest and Still Most Important Intelligences; and as i've most definitely
Found in my Life at Least, a Religion of Regulating Emotions and Integrating Senses in a Song And Dance of My Life
Where i Co-Create my own Story of Life bowing down to no one else's Story of Life Keeps Me Free and Feeling Younger
than ever as i reach 59 Years of age on June 6th; and Empirically Much Stronger and More Productive as Empirically Measurable too more than any other point in my Life as i continue to Evolve my Personal Human Potential, No longer
Stagnating in a World of almost Robotic Mechanical Cognition Tasks alone; as it's true we become what we Feed ourselves; the Bones of Science alone; or a mix of Bones and Flesh and Blood of Art that are Simply a Bio-Feedback
in Form of Essence Now, from the Healing Neuro-Hormones and Neuro-Chemicals, as we Enhance our Emotional
And Physical Intelligences Beyond a Life that is more Machine than even Human Now in 'Terminator' ways of living dead.

Christianity, Provides the Metaphors for this for those Who See and Hear with more than Two Senses of Eyes and
Ears; in other Words for those Who Are Artists who Create Living Forms of Art Expressing Healing Emotions and
Senses of Essence Within. Rarely, do i find a Christian Who Understand this unless they are rather lost
in a Transcendent Moment out of the Restricted Area of their New Cortex lighting up the Rest of their
Brain in Neo-Cortical Dampening Transient Hypo-Frontality Escape; and actually swaying A Bit in a
Dance; Actually Raising their Hands Above their Head; but of course then comes all the Fear Producing
Negative Stress making Devil and Hell Fire Talks after a Gospel of Singing that is more like a Happy Drug for Free.
It might help a bit if they actually Read 'John 14:12'; and Write a New story that is Greater than the Story Jesus 'Spoke'
before after all that Versus for those who are stuck in the Stories of Old Clearly indicates You Can and Will Create
Stories Greater than Jesus.

Considering that whoever the Historical Yeshua was, who was illiterate, and never Wrote a Word as A Record of HiS own;
The Bar is surely Low; and if That Message was actually ever said by him; it's not really surprising for
who is actually Confident and Loving in themselves now, will not be worried about someone else
Achieving something more when they already have it all; the Essence of the Emotions
and Senses of Being one with it all as really when you Do that in Ascending
Transcending Way there are only more Colorful and Healing Waves of
Emotions and Senses to Surf More whether anyone joins you are not.
This is an Autotelic All Innate and Bio-Feed back Intelligence that
Science Shows is a Real Kingdom of Heaven Within that some
of us do Practice as Real and Master Generating our
Happiness Within; And yes, it existed long before as so much
other so-called 'woo' stuff did and does too before someone invents a Word
as Form for the Essence of what has always been realest within simply A Whole
Human Being in Balance Where the Art of Yin is no longer Drowned with the Yang of Cold Dead Reasons
Without all the Colors
Evolving Within of Emotions
And Sense that Move us Farther
in our Human Potentials than ever
Before the Story is not new and Real
At least for those Who
Surf and Stay in Balance
of Nirvana and Bliss Whole Flow
In just Greater Stellar Star Human Potentials Now.
i came by here before and remembering the Author of an OP suggesting a Naked Campfire
Dance Sharing Romantic Stories might be the Religion that's best; Truth is from a
Science Perspective it is both Still An Oldest and Most Effective Song And Dance
to Survive
And
Thrive
Binding
Us together
in Every Way Like
A Six Pointed Star As
V and A Become one.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 3:40 pm

To the origional question. Politics.... Well, my dad was very much a labour man but locally it was said that a donkey would be voted in as so many labour voters lived in the area. The down side of this is that the town and area became so corrupt that labour quickly became known for this corruption.
I have voted for a few different parties. I am not loyal to one but I do look at each and make a decision.

Religion.

Well. While I was brought up a Christian I wasn't one. My parents thought they were but were not. I was the first to become a Christian in my family. Before that date it was dead to me.
I became a Christian when first I acdepted Jesus Christ into my heart when I was about 13. I didn't plan to. A friend in school went friday lunchtime to these Christian Union meetings, but then I heard the message preached in such a way by this one man. We had just gone in to mess about in the back of the room to wind up my friend. I say we. Three of us used to be friends. Now a man came to preach. I dont remwmber who he was. What he looked like. All I know is he said the message of salvation so plainly and so simply that I just knew inside that he was right. I knew religion but it was the first time I realized that I could connect with God.
Now the man called for those who wanted to accept Jesus Christ to come forward. I was far to shy to do this though I really wanted to. But somehow the man seemed to know, so he said "When you get home, go into your bedroom where you can be alone or a small room like that and pray to ask Jesus Christ into your heart".
Well, when I went home I did just that.... And from that day on I felt different inside. I also found a huge difference when I read a binle. I mean. Before it was tough goinh. Made little sense. However, after acepting Christ I found that it was as if a light was switched on. Every word I read started to make sense. It was totally incredible. Yet I was not going to church. (I later did but wasn't back then).
When I then went through some really tough years in college where I didn't fit in and had a whole class against me (Or it seemed it at the time) and none of my attention was focussed on the work. I was focussing on survival not work. I dare not mitch or skip any lessons as my dad would have gone buzzurk..., but it was like a life or death place to be in... Well during that time I became so close to God. And I saw some miriacles happen in my life... Things where I just could not explain any other way but for God.
Well, that is the story of the early years of my life!