Disney Moves "Avatar" Sequels & Announces New "Star Wars"

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 4:38 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/disney-moves-avatar-sequels-announces-new-star-wars-films/ar-AAB2dNi?ocid=spartandhp

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 8:08 pm

Can we get 'avatar' finally over with, please?
The first one was plain dumb, and I am tired of hearing about there being sequels for ten years now.
Just someone introduce beef, palm oil and soy farming to pandora so the stupid smurfs learn something about 21st century issues.
Also some combustion engines, coca, and glyphosate.

Can we hunt the smurfs to extinction and dry them and trade them as aphrodisiacs?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 12:13 am

I don't care about the avatar sequels, I mean over-all it was kind of a disappointing movie.

But new Star Wars does strike my interest....I don't care about elitisty star wars fans who think the ones in the 70s are the best there will ever be. Its a cool universe so I am happy about there being new stories and more in depth stories about characters. I really did like that Han Solo movie.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2019, 3:51 pm

I predict the Avatar sequels will be massive "relative bombs" (they'll still make plenty of money but relative to budget and expectations will disappoint the studio massively).

The first movie was visually spectacular, but story-wise flawed. It's success was fueled by the 3D phenomenon that has since died out, and nobody cares about it anymore.

James Cameron is enough of a creative talent, that I hold out hope his Avatar movies will be good, but the first one was his worst movie in a long time.

Star Wars needs to get out of the creative bankruptcy it's currently in. Jumping to a completely different time period with no previous characters would probably be a good move.