Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 5:15 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/08/us/politics/trump-tax-investigation.html

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 6:39 pm

N.Y. state Senate passes bill allowing Congress to get Trump tax returns The state Senate also passed legislation that would make it easier for the state to prosecute individuals who were pardoned by the preside

Quote:
The New York state Senate on Wednesday passed a bill that would make it easier for Congress to obtain President Donald Trump's state tax returns, advancing a bill that Gov. Andrew Cuomo has said he will sign if it reaches his desk.

The bill, called the TRUST Act, passed by an 39 to 21 vote. The bill would amend state law to permit the state Department of Taxation and Finance commissioner to release any state tax return requested by the leaders of the House Ways and Means Committee, the Senate Finance Committee or the Joint Committee on Taxation for any "specific and legitimate legislative purpose." Existing laws generally prohibit such a release.

Those congressional committees would have to file a request with the state only after efforts to gain access to federal tax filings through the Treasury Department failed.

The bill would only apply to Trump's state returns and not the federal ones currently at the center of a battle between the House and the Treasury Department. But those returns would provide a trove of information as New York serves as the headquarters of the president's business and which has served as his home.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 7:26 pm

"Get rich with debt" is Trump's modus operandi.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 9:30 pm

Desperately digging for dirt.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 9:37 pm

What disturbs me the most is that these leaked tax returns are literally...........25-35 years old. Am I the only one that finds that disturbing? Please tell me that I'm not the only one.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 9:42 pm

Magna wrote:
What disturbs me the most is that these leaked tax returns are literally...........25-35 years old. Am I the only one that finds that disturbing? Please tell me that I'm not the only one.

As disturbing as using high school year book entries against someone. It's setting a trend that will attach itself to all of us.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2019, 3:38 am

Why does he not want his tax return info public like previous Presidents? He should just release it and then it shuts people up asking for it

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2019, 3:51 am

How much would you cooperate with those out to destroy you?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2019, 4:39 am

Now that is literally being a loser, bigly time.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2019, 6:16 am

EzraS wrote:

Isn't it just a precedent that was set a long time ago? It seems like just standard procedure to make it public. His appearing to hide them makes some people very suspicious.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2019, 6:54 am

Biscuitman wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Isn't it just a precedent that was set a long time ago? It seems like just standard procedure to make it public. His appearing to hide them makes some people very suspicious.

At the time he became president I understand him wanting to keep them private for the kinds of things discovered on his 30 year old tax records. However now than he's been president for a couple of years, I don't see any reason for him to not at least disclose his 2018 tax records, except as a matter of defiance at this point which seems understandable.