Page 1 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

dumbgenius
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2007, 6:55 pm

I have Wildblue satellite Internet. These tests were done over the last few hours with very few clouds in the sky. It is still somewhat erratic. I am paying for 1.5Mbit download, 256kbit upload and is capped a 17.5Gb per month. It costs 80$/month. This is a lot better than my sub28.8k dialup.

Last edited by dumbgenius on 23 Jul 2007, 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2007, 7:01 pm

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2007, 4:56 am

CockneyRebel wrote:

using dialup??

Cryowolf
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Jul 2007, 7:38 am

Upload is slow today :x

PhilipWHolland
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Aug 2009, 5:36 pm

God bless my boogie neighbors that made it possible for me to have a more than satisfactory internet connection! I live next to a school administration building (also in Plano) and when they ran their FiOS line, it made it possible for me to have it as well. My computer, on the other hand, is another story. I think it has the same communication problems as WE do.

-p

"...you don't think an aspie board would be very authentic without some argumentative pontificating, I defend argumentative pontificating because I myself am prone to such. Although, I am only trying to be factual and help

Hala
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Aug 2009, 7:18 pm

...What's "PING"? :?

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2009, 6:32 am

>.<

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2009, 11:56 am

lau
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2009, 6:22 pm

Hala wrote:

It is the time measured for a message to go from your machine, out via whatever other machines happen to be in the chain to the server, get turned round, and sent back through all the intermediate hardware and eventually back to you.

Your ping value was quite good, but maybe you should see if you can get the download speed improved...

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2009, 6:28 pm

I don't have a clue what stuff means :lol:

Hala
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Aug 2009, 6:46 pm

lau wrote:
Hala wrote:

It is the time measured for a message to go from your machine, out via whatever other machines happen to be in the chain to the server, get turned round, and sent back through all the intermediate hardware and eventually back to you.

Your ping value was quite good, but maybe you should see if you can get the download speed improved...

Thank you for explaining that to me. :)

Yes, my download speed was particularly bad when I took that speed test. Although, even though the internet connection was playing up that night, it rarely gets much better than it was then. Could it be something to do with my incredibly cheap router?

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2009, 7:06 pm

Cool thread,

I took the test but wont paste direct link as it contain info I want to leave out

Download: 6.86 mb/s

Upload: 0.70 mb/s

Ping: 15 ms

ISP: 3.1/5

Im number blind and dont know how to compare it with you others but I suppose mine is "good"... :|

parakoopa

16 Aug 2009, 7:12 pm

...kinda a fun website when you have nothing else to do xD

lau
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 1:26 am

Hala wrote:

Yes, my download speed was particularly bad when I took that speed test. Although, even though the internet connection was playing up that night, it rarely gets much better than it was then. Could it be something to do with my incredibly cheap router?

I still got much the same speeds when I was using a USB modem. When I switched over to a router, I went for a £30 one from Tesco. I don't think modems come much cheaper than that. So... no... I don't think it is your router's fault. It's more likely that AOL just don't give you much of a connection.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 2:11 am

A restricted upload bandwidth can significantly affect the performance of a broadband connection; when working for a major ISP (a number of years ago), it was one of the comparison points that we used when dealing with more technical customers or those who were into gaming as a selling point. Interesting thread.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 2:55 am

My plan is 1500/256 so I guess this ain't too bad :? or is it?