Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

TazCrystal
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 May 2019, 9:49 pm

I live in a group home. It's because I need assistance with stuff and my parents are busy a lot. I'm 22 and I dont drive. I want to but I get anxiety thinking about it. I like cars though. I have challenges with holding a job. I get anxiety and feel easily overwhelmed. I try though.

I do household chores. I wash the dishes and do my own laundry. I also keep my room really clean. I also go grocery shopping but not by myself. I like feeling useful.

People think I am sort of stupid and are surprised when they find out I love to read and that I know a lot about American History. I also watch jeaopardy when it is on.

I also make my bed every morning. I have a looney tunes blanket. I also have a veggie tales pillow case from when I was 8.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 10:10 pm

What is it like living in a group home? Have you made any friends there?

TazCrystal

17 May 2019, 10:21 pm

I like it there. I am in a more independent one. I only get a little bit of supervision. I get help remembering what I need to do. I still have to be reminded to clip my nails and to shower. I live with 3 other people. I have made friends. I sometimes am stuck with doing dishes though. I do them more than anyone else does. Im the only one who doesn't put up a fight though.