What stops you from committing suicide?

Page 7 of 9 [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2019, 5:47 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
One of the bravest, toughest, adventurous people I've ever met in my life committed suicide. She overcame anxieties to explore the world. She overcame a fear of heights to walk along narrow ridges to summit a mountain at 6600 feet. To suicide is the "cowards way out" is simply not understanding the nature of depression. It's a disease. You fight the good fight until you no longer have the strength to fight it -- like any other disease.

You can't measure courage

Everyone has a different situation

Some people claim they "would never" commit suicide

But they could not imagine all the situations

Precious lil "people" that have the nerve to tell me "you have nothing to be depressed over", or "why are you depressed?", Or "try to get better". Do not understand. (But nobody knows everything. Everyone is ignorant).

:mrgreen:

The problem is that they act like they know, but they do not know

Then they judge you and act like depression is a moral flaw

f**k those lil dipshits

8O

Don’t you think your comment was a trifle insensitive?

Courage can’t be quantified but most of us can recognize it when we see it. It’s part of being human.

I’m inspired by VegetableMan’s remembrance of his friend. It’s a reminder for all of us to appreciate friends and loved ones while they are here, and not to discount any battles they might face.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2019, 5:58 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
This thread will probably get taken down if it seems like it’s advocating suicide...

For sure, and rightfully so.

In the UK for example, there has been a number of young teenage suicides that have happened due to the young teens subscribing to suicide or anorexia forums etc.

It is an extremely heartbreaking phenomena. Even more upsetting, i think that some of these forums are inhabited by "trolls" who go out their way to incite others to take their own lives for sadistic pleasure, for what ever reason, there is no reason that is acceptable especially where innocent kids are involved.

The kids who unfortunately killed themselves were all beautiful young woman aged between 14 and 16.
Physically stunning / beautiful and with their lives ahead of themselves.

To think that some horrible @ss hole out there incited them to do such a terrible thing makes me extremely angry.

So, although i understand that some people when talking about suicide are simply expressing themselves or being honest, and trying to help. Please beware, on the internet especially, there are all sorts of people, including people who prescribe to a world view or perception where they think that all disabled people should kill themselves.

This is a common view point among people who subscribe to race supremacy and neo nazi'sm.
People who follow Ritual Satanic beliefs also may find their way to such forums and hide in the shadows as they portray themselves as people with Autism, while they pursue nasty objectives.

I hope there are none of this type on this forum although to be honest, with the frequency of various neo nazi topics popping up, i have to say that i more than a bit worried that some of the members are that type. although
due to the anti social and in some areas, illegal nature that neo nazism is
i think it unlikely that if there are any neo nazi's on this forum, that none of them will admit to being so anyway.
bit like Satanism, if you admit to such, then people can then work you out and realise that abuse is going on.
If no one knows, it is harder to work out.

Please, no one commit suicide. consider meditation first. Also, please keep in mind, even if you are ostracised, isolated, and have no friends. Even if you are disabled, there are still loads of things to do in life that can fill you full of love and joy for life in itself.

Be well! May all sentient beings be happy.

Again. i do not like to see innocent people ever getting hurt.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2019, 6:14 pm

madbutnotmad wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
This thread will probably get taken down if it seems like it’s advocating suicide...

In the UK for example, there has been a number of young teenage suicides that have happened due to the young teens subscribing to suicide or anorexia forums etc.

It is an extremely heartbreaking phenomena. Even more upsetting, i think that some of these forums are inhabited by "trolls" who go out their way to incite others to take their own lives for sadistic pleasure, for what ever reason, there is no reason that is acceptable especially where innocent kids are involved.

The kids who unfortunately killed themselves were all beautiful young woman aged between 14 and 16.

To think that some horrible @ss hole out there incited them to do such a terrible thing makes me extremely angry.

So, although i understand that some people when talking about suicide are simply expressing themselves or being honest, and trying to help. Please beware, on the internet especially, there are all sorts of people, including people who prescribe to a world view or perception where they think that all disabled people should kill themselves.

This is a common view point among people who subscribe to race supremacy and neo nazi'sm.
People who follow Ritual Satanic beliefs also may find their way to such forums and hide in the shadows as they portray themselves as people with Autism, while they pursue nasty objectives.

I hope there are none of this type on this forum although to be honest, with the frequency of various neo nazi topics popping up, i have to say that i more than a bit worried that some of the members are that type. although
i think it unlikely that if there are any neo nazi's on this forum, that none of them will admit to being so anyway.
bit like Satanism, if you admit to such, then people can then work you out and realise that abuse is going on.

Please, no one commit suicide. consider meditation first. Also, please keep in mind, even if you are ostracised, isolated, and have no friends. Even if you are disabled, there are still loads of things to do in life that can fill you full of love and joy for life in itself.

I firmly believe that all people can contribute something to their communities - even people who are quite disabled and can’t work.

My life was changed and I’m a better person after growing up with kids who had Down Syndrome.

I really do believe that apart from truly horrible people (like a child molesters) every life has value.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2019, 10:13 pm

Dying by accident is easy. Dying on purpose is hard and requires a lot courage to overcome your innate survival instinct. Assuming you had a reason to, try smashing your toes into a desk, while you can do it by accident easily, you likely will not be able to do it on purpose despite theoretical having control of all the muscles needed to smash your toes. That would be your survival instinct. Living is something that will automatically continue to happen if you take no action (assuming you eat and whatnot) and I wouldn't say it requires you to be brave to do it.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2019, 8:18 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
madbutnotmad wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

I firmly believe that all people can contribute something to their communities - even people who are quite disabled and can’t work.

My life was changed and I’m a better person after growing up with kids who had Down Syndrome.

I really do believe that apart from truly horrible people (like a child molesters) every life has value.

Twilight princess

Your last paragraph

You can't measure the retail value of a life

The retail value of a life is constantly changing

The retail value could be positive, or negative

Some things are below salvage value

Or just not worth the carbon footprint

Plenty of precious lil "people" act like they are so important

Too much self esteem

Narcissistic personality disorders

"Delusion of grandeur"

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2019, 12:28 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
madbutnotmad wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

Twilight princess

Your last paragraph

You can't measure the retail value of a life

The retail value of a life is constantly changing

The retail value could be positive, or negative

Some things are below salvage value

Or just not worth the carbon footprint

Plenty of precious lil "people" act like they are so important

Too much self esteem

Narcissistic personality disorders

"Delusion of grandeur"

Similarly, you can’t say that a life doesn’t have value. It’s best to assume that they all do have value and avoid waste if at all possible.

You also can’t diagnose people with NPD unless you are a clinician.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2019, 10:53 pm

JSBACH wrote:
I strongly identify with your post. I also
feel like I don't belong in this world. At the moment I live from day to day. Every day my goal is to make it to the next. Although I don't know how to make you feel better, know that you are not alone in your struggle. Other minorities have come a great way towards acceptance in the last decade. One day it will be our turn!
I send you lots of positive energy :heart: :heart: . Keep fighting (figuratively speaking) and things will get better eventually!

Acceptance? No thanks, but I don't want a condition that makes me susceptible to anxiety, depression, loneliness, insecurity and sensory issues to ever be anything other than CURED! My illness is not who I am, it does not and never will define who I am as a person. Nope, screw that!

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2019, 11:05 pm

madbutnotmad wrote:
I think that some of these forums are inhabited by "trolls" who go out their way to incite others to take their own lives for sadistic pleasure, for what ever reason, there is no reason that is acceptable especially where innocent kids are involved.

Please beware, on the internet especially, there are all sorts of people, including people who prescribe to a world view or perception where they think that all disabled people should kill themselves.

I think that it is reasonably safe to assume that most of us here at Wrong Planet have had sufficient experience in dealing with such people over the course of our lives to be able to sniff them out when they raise their ugly heads in online discussions. Sociopaths tend to assume that we are all naive and trusting, but no, I don't think we are. Just the opposite, in fact.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Jun 2019, 11:58 pm

I hope all my whining about being alive does not get taken as encouragement to suicide. That's not what I'm going to do and I hope you won't either!

HabitatBranch
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jun 2019, 9:56 am

inability to voluntarily choose any of the horrible and insufficient options provided by this reality

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2019, 11:17 am

Indecisive

If fail, $$$$ medical bills

Fear of failure

Apathy

:ninja: :mrgreen:

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2019, 1:26 pm

Too many reasons... And/or 'reasons'.

To sum up:
Everything and nothing. Literally and metamorphically.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2019, 2:01 pm

I like too many things in life.

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2019, 7:15 pm

This stopped me:

I have a box under my bed. Its full of letters. Every time I felt suicidal, I would sit down and write goodbye letters to the people in my life. By the time they were written, Id feel too guilty to go through with it. The knowledge of those letters now reminds me that I have something to live for. I know what its like to be on the other end, and it sucks. No matter how much I may want to end it sometimes, I would never want to put the people I love through something like that. I might deserve to be miserable and alone, but they certainly do not. :heart:

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2019, 7:30 pm

Obsessive compulsive disorder

Apathy

Inertia

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2019, 7:37 pm

I don't own a gun.