Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 4:49 pm

I keep trying to distract myself, but it keeps creeping up on me and I just sit and cry.

I've never had anyone be this interested in me. Then to have it suddenly stop is devastating.

I know this happens to people all the time and I should cope better, but it's so difficult for me to find people I get along with let alone any romantic interest that this just feels like being dropped from a great height.

We were so happy one minute then nothing the next. I've never experienced that before and I don't know how to process it. It just hurts all the way through me.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 5:05 pm

Is he open to talking to you about it? I am sorry you lost a good friend.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 5:13 pm

blackicmenace wrote:

What's to talk about? He doesn't love me. That's the bottom line. He doesn't want me.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 5:16 pm

hurtloam wrote:
I keep trying to distract myself, but it keeps creeping up on me and I just sit and cry.

I've never had anyone be this interested in me. Then to have it suddenly stop is devastating.

I know this happens to people all the time and I should cope better, but it's so difficult for me to find people I get along with let alone any romantic interest that this just feels like being dropped from a great height.

We were so happy one minute then nothing the next. I've never experienced that before and I don't know how to process it. It just hurts all the way through me.

Its ok to sit and cry, to let the build up of emotions out, i know rejection stings when it's someone you care about. You get accustomed to the pain and then from my experience it lessens if you don't get stuck in a ruminating cycle. Hugs to you.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 5:23 pm

hurtloam wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:

What's to talk about? He doesn't love me. That's the bottom line. He doesn't want me.

He did say he was sorry that he hurt you, was he still not interested in still being friends? I know that's not the same, but you lost a good friend in the process. A year and a half was it? getting to know someone and losing them really sucks. Unrequited love is the worst.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 5:35 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:

He did say he was sorry that he hurt you, was he still not interested in still being friends? I know that's not the same, but you lost a good friend in the process. A year and a half was it? getting to know someone and losing them really sucks. Unrequited love is the worst.

I'm worried that he'll just ignore me if I start to include him in things again. It's still awkward. I feel like it's too soon.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 5:39 pm

I'm sorry you're hurting so much, Hurtloam. Losing a friend is even harder than losing a love.

Stay strong.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 5:42 pm

My heart goes out to you. I had it happen to me. I didn't actually start dating until I was 36. (Years not months). It was going so well. We were so close. Then I found myself agreeing to marrying her. (Is actually a long story... Too long to put in here in its entirity). Well. She just out of the blue stopped all contact. It went from intense dating (No sex but we were very close between us) with arrangements for marriage to a complete sudden unexplained halt.

[It turns out I was dating a lady who seemed to date men for the purpose of doing something harmful and then dumping them to get revenge on men as she was raped when she was in her early teens is the basic gist of it, and sadly I wasn't her only victim].

Anyway. The situation you are in. Never do what I did. Never blame yourself. I became a little suicidal in a way... What pulled me out of it was that that I had learned from a work college who had not seen me for a while due to ever changing shift work, that he saw her dating another man and they were very closely aquainted. I realized what had been going on. I felt a right fool to have treated myself like I did.

Anyway. My thoughts to you. Look after yourself. You are beautiful. Don't give up hope that the right one will come along for you. You may not feel like it yet, but treat yourself to something nice. Something that makes you feel happy.

Maybe a nice ice cream? :) Oh. And we can be your friends in here, ok? :)

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 5:46 pm

hurtloam wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:

I'm worried that he'll just ignore me if I start to include him in things again. It's still awkward. I feel like it's too soon.

If you want him in your life, communication is vital for any relationship to last. If he cares about you, you must expect that he got hurt as well because he has lost a good friend too. I hope he understands how he hurt your feelings and is okay with giving you time to heal. You know him, I don't know him so I have no idea how he has handled it.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 5:48 pm

I know how heartbreaking it is. I'm not one to throw in the cliched "oh he wasn't a good friend to begin with", or "it's his loss" or "he wasn't worth it", etc. People just say those cliches to make you feel better. But in reality, he meant a lot to you, and it is your loss big time, so it will matter to you and it will be heartbreaking. I wish there was something I could do. But just keep posting here about your feelings on this, as it does help to let others know how you are feeling, whether it's offline or online. That's what the Haven is for. I do feel for you, I really do. Hugs. :heart:

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 8:32 pm

Are you going to be okay hurtloam? In time the blue sky's will come back and the sun will shine once again, it's only a matter of time. Mr blue sky will mend that broken heart in time.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 10:10 pm

Thank you so much for all your kind comments. I wasn't expecting it.

I think what hurts most is when my friends offline don't realise how much this meant to me. A lot of this took place via messages and no one but the 2 of us know what our relationship was like. It's when people just expect I should be over it now because we aren't a serious couple, that really hurts and that's what made me start crying again today.

This mattered to me.

I guess because these people found their relationships easily it's no big deal to them. You just move on to the next one. That's more difficult when you have a personality like mine. It will take a while to meet someone I click with again.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 10:18 pm

I don't know if this is helpful, but your situation reminded me of this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9N-33T9Fvs

Hopefully you can appreciate the sentiment if not the song. Time heals all wounds.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2019, 6:16 am

Aww. Well I think you are cool because you have a fraggle as a picture. Find something you like to do and go and treat yourself. Something exciting or even something new. Whatever you think may help. Have a lovely day. x

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2019, 4:35 pm

I went to visit some friends and had lunch with them.

Had a nice day today. Got a day off work tomorrow.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2019, 4:37 pm

Ooh. Well done. :) Any exciting plans for tomorrow?