New to the forum, Asperger diagnosed, loving it so far.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

BlossX
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 May 2019, 2:00 pm

Hi everyone, after a couple of days that I have been lurking on the website I decided to present myself.

I am a 22 years old student of university, I study economics and recently I have been diagnosed with Asperger syndrome.

I live in Italy, a country where being autistic often means being "retard","weird", "uncapable of living by myself" (I'm trying to gather the most common terms I've heard living there regarding being autistic, even high-functioning one) so at the moment I can say I'm quite angry with the whole world.

I'm liking the enviroment here, I can feel like I can speak without filters about everything, without having the fear of being judged or mistreated.

I love playing all kind of videogames (every new game is on my list :P) and hearing all kind of music (i've been to an endless number of concerts during my adolescence) from rock to metal.

I'm having a great time discussing any kind of thing that comes up to my mind in this forum, I hope it will remain the same in the future and I hope I can find some friends to discuss with!

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2019, 2:10 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet.

I'm glad to hear you're liking it here - I totally agree with you, it's great to be somewhere that I can rant a bit when the world gets frustrating, and have people understand me. And the silly jokes, too, of course! :D

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2019, 3:27 pm

Welcome to WP. It's good to read your posts and have you join the conversation. This is the first place I've even nominally felt at home.

usually hold tighter.

Threnody, Dorothy Parker
as modified by David Tamulovich

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2019, 5:07 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

bobaspie2015
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 May 2019, 2:46 am

Welcome friend. :D

Much love .... Bob

Don't let fear or insecurity stop you from trying new things. Believe in yourself. Do what you love. And most importantly, be kind to others, even if you don't like them.

Stacy London

Forgiveness Is the Fragrance the Violet Sheds on the Heel That Has Crushed It.

Mark Twain