Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

sloth548
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 May 2019, 3:46 am

So I like to observe atypical because I like to learn how would extroverts interact with each other, you know eye contact body language etc, but when ever I'm socializing with an atypical it's like a grind almost like to pieces of sandpaper going in opposite ways. So my question to you Aspie ladies and gents do you have a similar feeling as I do if so have you got any tips?

Also a shout out to any other other higher functioning aspie's out there, I've never met a fellow higher. :3

breaks0
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 May 2019, 8:47 pm

sloth548 wrote:
So I like to observe atypical because I like to learn how would extroverts interact with each other, you know eye contact body language etc, but when ever I'm socializing with an atypical it's like a grind almost like to pieces of sandpaper going in opposite ways. So my question to you Aspie ladies and gents do you have a similar feeling as I do if so have you got any tips?

Also a shout out to any other other higher functioning aspie's out there, I've never met a fellow higher. :3

Welcome aboard WP! As far as I know most of the members on the site are HFA (maybe the vast majority). I'm gonna plug Valerie Gaus's "Living Well on the Spectrum" which has chapters on making friends community connections/involvement and dating/sex/marriage. The podcast "Spectumly Speaking" (just google it) also has past eps on romantic relationships and I think others on friendships too. Good luck growing your social circle!

KyCoo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 May 2019, 1:58 am

Welcome aboard WP! As far as I know most of the members on the site are HFA (maybe the vast majority). I'm gonna plug Valerie Gaus's "Living Well on the Spectrum" which has chapters on making friends community connections/involvement and dating/sex/marriage. The podcast "Spectumly Speaking" (just google it) also has past eps on romantic relationships and I think others on friendships too. Good luck growing your social circle![/quote]

Thank you so so much for the reading. Definitely want to learn more from Gaus's works! Kudos