Are you ever in the bathroom at the same time as a parent?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Liam2019
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 May 2019, 6:10 am

Every morning when i am in the bathroom i stay in there for a long time as i like to be really clean, so my dad comes in and takes a poo while i am there and i carry on with what i need to do and yeah i can smell it of course but it doesn't bother me, i just carry on and tolerate the smell. To me this is normal because its happened for a long time but when i told some friends about it they seemed a bit shocked that my dad would come in and poo with me there and they were surprised that the smell doesn't bother me. I explained mostly he does it because i am in there for a long time and he can't wait all the time and because i don't mind it just became normal to us. Anyone else is ever in the bathroom at the same time as a parent or does it seem weird? to me its not a big deal.

vinyl360
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jun 2019, 4:25 pm

It shouldn't be weird. Different families have different things that are normal.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2019, 4:47 pm

Its not weird for someone who needs the bathroom to use it. Especially if someone else is spending too much time there. I think I'd actually start to expect it if it happened regularly.

PurpleReject
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Jun 2019, 4:50 pm

When I was growing up at my grandparents' house, when one of them would get my bath or shower ready for the night, it wasn't wholly uncommon for me to use the toilet for either number right before I got in, while they were still in the bathroom. That went until my early teens. That's never been the case in my regular home, though, everybody uses the bathroom solo and my mom would have me go before she got everything ready. Now I'm obviously old enough to do it myself, so it never happens anymore.

I never thought it was weird, but then again, I'm kinda weird.