Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Anewbie
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Jun 2019, 7:15 pm

Several weeks ago I was diagnosed with ASD, mild anxiety and severe depression from a psychologist. She was supposed to talk to her psychiatrist colleague in the group to start working with me and would probably recommend therapy. I’ve been calling to set something up but i haven’t gotten the confirmation yet she’s accepting me. All of this just makes me more depressed and have lost hope in the system. I feel like no one cares. I have left over depression and anxiety meds from another doctor a year or so ago so I decided to start taking them before it got to an emergency state. Is there anything else to do? I feel like they only care if you are an emergency otherwise oh well. I feel like there should be some middle group like an urgent care type thing. Ugh. Does it ever get better?

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 9:00 pm

Since you are new, welcome to Wrong Planet!

Many of the problems that Aspies experience such as depression and anxiety are stress driven. Stress is cumulative in nature. Too much stress throws your body into a distress state. The one type of therapy that several Aspies have endorsed that really helped them is called Somatic Experiencing. So since you are looking for other options, I would recommend a book called "In an Unspoken Voice" by Peter A. Levine, to start you off in the right direction.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 10:38 pm

The insurance only provides so many services

It is the system

It is nobodys fault :roll:

:mrgreen:

Anewbie
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Jun 2019, 7:06 am

jimmy m wrote:
Since you are new, welcome to Wrong Planet!

Many of the problems that Aspies experience such as depression and anxiety are stress driven. Stress is cumulative in nature. Too much stress throws your body into a distress state. The one type of therapy that several Aspies have endorsed that really helped them is called Somatic Experiencing. So since you are looking for other options, I would recommend a book called "In an Unspoken Voice" by Peter A. Levine, to start you off in the right direction.

Thanks! I will look into it. Ive heard about stress and sensory issues building, but I just don't know how yet to prevent it. With a baby and working I just don't see a way around it yet. The psychiatrist is supposed to be recommended autism specific therapy, but its just frustrating that I have to wait for her and don't have any real answers as to when.

Anewbie
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Jun 2019, 7:07 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:

It is the system

I know! it is so frustrating, it seems like it is no ones responsibility.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 9:19 am

When I am the customer, it's like, one of them hides behind an entire company

When I am working, it's like, customers service

:roll:

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2019, 7:41 pm

Most autism specific therapy is only provided to children, there is usually piss all programs, resources or help for adults with issues specific to autism. You can find help for depression/anxiety usually pretty easily though. With regards to meds, they will usually throw an anti-depressant at you. But if it comes down to being given an antipsychotic(only meds approved for autism are antipsychotics), I would first try CBD oil for your anxiety/stress/autism before resorting to s**t like Risperdal. Don't pay much attention to what is or isn't officially approved for autism as drugs are used off label every single day to treat all kinds of conditions by every single doctor in the US.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2019, 8:07 pm

Anewbie wrote:
shortfatbalduglyman wrote:

It is the system

I know! it is so frustrating, it seems like it is no ones responsibility.

The insurance website doesn't even let me email any doctor except PCP

And when I emailed a PCP, nurse answered

:roll:

Who the f**k tol doctor Butler to bring another doctor "just to say hi "

Business before socialize

Did the intern tell doctor Butler to get me :roll:

The intern told me to wait for the appointments, not the prescription

Ass holes

Absurd and ridiculous

Was I supposed to wait for a farewell party is :roll:

"Miscommunication"

Ass holes

Anewbie
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Jun 2019, 7:16 am

Noca wrote:
Most autism specific therapy is only provided to children, there is usually piss all programs, resources or help for adults with issues specific to autism. You can find help for depression/anxiety usually pretty easily though. With regards to meds, they will usually throw an anti-depressant at you. But if it comes down to being given an antipsychotic(only meds approved for autism are antipsychotics), I would first try CBD oil for your anxiety/stress/autism before resorting to s**t like Risperdal. Don't pay much attention to what is or isn't officially approved for autism as drugs are used off label every single day to treat all kinds of conditions by every single doctor in the US.

Ok. Thanks. Yea I didn’t realize antipsychotic and cbd oil was used. The psychiatrist was going to refer to someone who does psychotherapy for autistic adults.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2019, 9:09 am

They try really hard to send client to 5150

Numerous counselors asked me Mandated Reporter screening question

That's the first thing some counselors asked, when I told them , I was depressed

Diagnosed officially

In writing

On the form, they made me fill out

It was like, the correct answer to "how are you doing" is "perfect".

All other answers are wrong and the punishment for a wrong answer is 5150