Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

KikiKitty678
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jun 2019, 8:55 am

No baby teeth by 10
Done growing by 13, despite being short

Later on:
Glasses, slower metabolism, and can’t sleep past 7 AM by 22, and still looking younger because of baby face. Not needing skin care routine any more already to keep skin clear. I won’t look young for long, better enjoy it.

People have always told me I look younger than my age, ironically. It’s the baby face. I look 17, but physiologically I’m 28. I blame it on stress—can anyone else relate?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 9:20 am

I was an early bloomer, and I look very young for my age.

I was done growing by 12 or 13.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 9:25 am

I think you have your terms backwards.

"Early Bloomers" look older or more mature than their chronological ages. A girl wearing size 34D at the age of 8, for example.

"Late Bloomers" look younger or less mature than their chronological ages. A woman who has yet to experience menarche at the age of 20, for example.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 9:44 am

Fnord wrote:

"Early Bloomers" look older or more mature than their chronological ages. A girl wearing size 34D at the age of 8, for example.

"Late Bloomers" look younger or less mature than their chronological ages. A woman who has yet to experience menarche at the age of 20, for example.

I’m saying that I was an early bloomer but that doesn’t make me look old now which I thought the initial post was suggesting. I look almost the same now as when I was 13.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 10:00 am

Sorry, all ... I'm feeling cranky today ... please disregard my previous post.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 Jun 2019, 10:19 am

I was an early bloomer physically & I look old for my age. I started losing my hair in my mid 20s & I have a bit of grey hair now. I've been a very late bloomer mentally thou & still am.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

KikiKitty678
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jun 2019, 10:26 am

Fnord wrote:

Yes, I’m the adult version of an early bloomer. I know what it’s like to feel like you’re 28. I blame college.

hannahjrob
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jul 2019, 12:10 am

Yes, I'd say I was a pretty early bloomer. When I was 10, some people thought I was more like 12. I wasn't tall for my age and didn't have a particularly mature face, but I was a bit more developed than average. I was already needing a bra at that point. And I got my period not too long after I turned 11. But I barely grew any in height after that, and as I got older, people thought I was younger than I was because I was short and had a baby face. Now I'm 27, almost 28 and could still pass for 15. I'm 5'1" and still have such a baby face. Having no sense of fashion (and dressing more for comfort than anything else) and just having a childlike personality/demeanor probably doesn't help either.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2019, 5:44 pm

Late bloomer is not too great either

Last week a army recruiter had the nerve to ask me if I was in high school

36 years old, ass hole :heart:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2019, 5:59 pm

Started puberty at age 9. When I was almost ten, I discovered I was growing pubic hair but it was all light and hadn't thickened yet. I started my vaginal discharge not too long later. I started my period two weeks before I turned 12, I got a woman's body not too long after and I got double D breasts. It started my pathway towards body dysmorphia and eating disorder. While my body was matured, my brain was not and I was not even into sex and relationships and knew nothing about it and didn't understand it. I didn't even like boys then either. I was still a little girl emotionally and socially.

Saying that girls can have sex and get relationships when they get their periods and a woman's body is BS. Some girls get a new body young. Even some young as 9 have gotten a woman's body. I have seen that even a 7 year old can get pubic hair and breasts. That doesn't mean they can consent and have a relationship. Someone in another thread had implied this and I was so disgusted at that comment.

When I was 12, I looked like a high schooler because of my body. When I was 10, people thought I was 13 or 14 because I was so tall for my age. But when I was 12, some people thought I was 15. It was not fun being msitaken as being older than your age. When I was little, it was because of my height but then it became because of my body than height. That made me uncomfortable and dysphoric about myself. I felt like I was in the wrong body and in a different one and not my own. It was nothing like gender dysphoria, I was experiencing body dysmorphia. Of course I got told back then this was all normal for girls to feel and I thought everyone obsessed about their bodies and felt uncomfortable about it than self conscious. I was also told that lot of girls obsess about their weight but I didn't know they didn't obsess about it to the same degree as me. I am not happy with my body unless I am skinny.

But I was a late bloomer sexually. I didn't start to get into sex until I was 19 and wanted to try it because I got curious. I even thought I was bisexual until I was 22 or 23 when my husband told me how two women have sex and it disgusted me so he told me that means I am straight. I thought "is that ow gay people feel about straight sex?" When I was 17 I tried getting a boyfriend but I didn't want a romantic relationship nor a sexual one, I just wanted a friendship with another boy and have us be a couple and we would be like friends. That is something that a child would want for a partner but not a 17 year old which is what made me a late bloomer.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2019, 4:35 am

Yeah, no kidding... I don't remember what it's officially called, but I had that thing that causes puberty to hit way earlier than it should (around the age of 8.) It's common for those with a disablity like mine, apparently. At that point I had to take shots every month to slow down my body's growth... and I was terrified of needels at the time.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2019, 7:23 am

I was a relatively early bloomer too. I was also a year older than most of my grade at school, so that exacerbated it. I was amongst the tallest in my grade until others had their growth spurts a couple of years later. I was also amongst the first to develop facial hair and have my voice change. I've generally been mistaken for older than I am since I was 12 or 13.

Fireblossom wrote:
Yeah, no kidding... I don't remember what it's officially called, but I had that thing that causes puberty to hit way earlier than it should (around the age of 8.) It's common for those with a disablity like mine, apparently. At that point I had to take shots every month to slow down my body's growth... and I was terrified of needels at the time.

Precocious puberty?

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2019, 11:36 am

-I can't fully remember when I lost all my baby teeth, but I think it was around nine or ten. Started to slow down with growing at sixteen, finally stopped at eighteen. I have a fast metabolism, and a skinny frame.

-Not completely sure if I have a baby face or not. Sometimes I'm asked for ID, but not always. People either guess fifteen or mid twenties. I'm currently twenty years old. When I smile my cheeks look rounder and I have dimples, so that might give me a younger look perhaps. However, I've noticed that if I straighten my hair I look a bit older. Whereas when I put it into a low ponytail I look like a young teenager.

- I started puberty at ten, that's when I began to get spotty. Experienced my first crush at eleven. Got my first period at fourteen. Back in high school/secondary, I was teased a little bit for being flat-chested. I took me a little longer to develop in that area. So I felt a little self-conscious. I'm still small chested now, but I've gotten more comfortable with that fact. I'd say that I have a slightly boyish body type. My face is feminine, and I do have small shoulders. However, my body is fairly rectangular. Someone recently remarked to me "Your hips definitely don't lie because you don't seem to have any". :lol: I'm also lanky. My feet are slightly wide and big but that's not too surprising considering my height (5'8).

Personally, I don't think of myself as an early bloomer, but I was one of the first people in my class to start getting spots. However, I was late to develop in the chest area and also getting my period. I was mostly considered ugly in my teen years, but that was mainly because if I ever dressed up or did my hair I'd get derogatory comments. So, if I didn't make an effort I was called ugly, but if I changed one thing then I was suddenly a whole range of insults. :? High school. You can't win.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Jul 2019, 2:18 pm

Fireblossom wrote:
May I ask what kind of disabilities early puberty can be related to :?: You can PM me if you want. The shots thing sounds pretty rough. I hated shots as a kid & teen as well. I had to get them sometimes thou cuz I would get sick or my skin eczema would flare up & cortizone shots helped a lot. I wish I could of been prescribed a steroid pill to take regularly long term for my eczema cuz I often had phases where my eczema got pretty bad. Plus it might would of been a good thing if the steroid had a side-effect of slowing down my puberty a little.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition