Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 11:56 am

Hi:
I was wondering if any of you had reasonings as a kid that were funny and incorrect.

When I was a kid, I watched a lot of shows with scuba divers in them and I wonder what they wore on their feet when they swam. I assume they were special socks. Onetime, I was at my neighbor's house because she was babysitting me. I said, "You wear socks in the water." She replied, "No, you don't wear socks in the water. :lol: I still laugh about this from time to time.

Not long after I asked my dad the next time a show with scuba diving was on and he said they called "Flippers"

doolaloo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Jun 2019, 5:13 pm

I was born in 2563 and i died in 1357 and its 2019 rn and im just living my lyfe ..

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 5:15 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
... I asked my dad the next time a show with scuba diving was on and he said they called "Flippers"
How did they get those dolphins to stay on their feet?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 8:42 pm

There was a show called "Flipper" back in the 1960's. It featured a dolphin.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

16 Jun 2019, 5:25 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
There was a show called "Flipper" back in the 1960's. It featured a dolphin.
That was a good show.

One reasoning I had was that whenever someone would say Boy Friend or Girl Friend, I thought they meant Boyfriend & Girlfriend as one word even thou they were said with a space between them. This lead me to think lots of people were gay & cheating on romantic partners

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 7:06 pm

My dad had a thing like that.

We still have grandad's helmet from world war one. One of those flat, round in the middle, doughboy helmets.

Emblazoned on the side is a black circle with a stylized "W", because he was an infantryman in "W" division.

As a little boy in the early Thirties my dad saw that "W" and figured that it must stand for "World War".

Then when I was a kid in the Sixties dad would laugh at the thinking of his childhood self: "as if the poor guy standing there in the mud and in the trenches had to be reminded of the name of the war he was serving in".

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 7:11 pm

I once explained to my mom that the sky was like a bathtub that cleaned the earth with rain, the clouds were like wet washrags, and the sun was like a big towel that dried everything up.

:sunny:

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

Campingbare
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Oct 2023, 10:20 pm

When I was around 5 years old, I dreamed my uncle was visiting. We were watching TV after supper and he got out a pack of lifesaver candy, got himself one, and asked if I wanted one. I was not allowed to eat between dinner and bedtime, so I got up and walked to my bedroom. I looked in and saw myself asleep in bed. I went back to my uncle and said it was ok for me to have a lifesaver becuase this was only a dream.

Meyer-Briggs: INTP Comorbidities: Narcolepsy, NPD, Alexithemia, Dyspraxia, Prosopagnosia, Anomia, IBS
........................If God meant for us to go around naked, we'd have been born that way........................