Things I've tried to get out of my rut

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

dyadiccounterpoint
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jun 2019, 10:18 am

Try time organization strategies and also controlling your thoughts and the stimuli you are surrounded by, within reasonable ability.

The time organization might help with social network building. You have to work to build and maintain them, doubly so for ASD individuals. It is highly perilous to not do this if you don't have adequate support in other ways. Everyone needs help sometimes (whether personally or professionally), and no one wants to help you if you haven't provided an investment into them by building rapport. It sucks but humans are this way. You have to learn the expectations and how to make that investment appropriately because if you're ASD you might not grasp this as innately as others.

Time organization will definitely help cultivating a talent.

The "controlling thoughts and stimuli" will help with reducing anxiety issues that will sabotage your effectiveness at everything else you do. If you're like most people on this site, you have a powerful ability to focus your attention but can meander into mental escapades, especially as a distraction from stress and obligations. Don't allow it to be useless. Define your goals and carry away that mountain one stone at a time with laser focus.

Self care is important. No one is superman and everyone has limitations. Soothe yourself as best you can in ways that are healthy. This is also where "controlling stimuli" is important. Avoid emotional triggers that will derail your focus and be sure to make your home environment relaxing and not cluttered.

I'm not at all the best at doing any of what I've described. In a way I am advising myself and hope you find my thoughts useful. :)

We seldom realize, for example, that our most private thoughts and emotions are not actually our own. For we think in terms of languages and images which we did not invent, but which were given to us by our society - Alan Watts

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 11:49 am

If you want your life to change, you need to put in a lot of effort. You've got to start your change from the inside, out. I've been doing some changing of my own. I've changed my avatars. I'm also changing the way I present myself. I haven't been listening to German military music as much.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 11:50 am

If I can put effort into changing, so can you.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 12:01 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
If you want your life to change, you need to put in a lot of effort. You've got to start your change from the inside, out. I've been doing some changing of my own. I've changed my avatars. I'm also changing the way I present myself. I haven't been listening to German military music as much.

If I can put effort into changing, so can you.
There is no "can't" until you stop trying. Never give up.

:D

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 12:04 pm

What about other places near your current place of work that are hiring? You mentioned in other posts that you want to leave your current place of work because you feel that seeing different customers every day has made your feelings worse.

If there are such places in your area, talk to some people who work there and maybe you can begin changes in what you want.