Page 2 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

red_doghubb
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jun 2019, 11:17 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
The ideology of the Iranian government---is that they really don't like Sunni Muslims.

Largely because they are surrounded by Sunni countries, who in the past of had a bad habit of making war on Iran. Using American supplied weaponry and chemicals of course. :D

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 11:18 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I feel like Iran is more like a mixed bag.

I saw a movie about 10 years ago which took place in Tehran. It was about contemporary Iran. A woman was disguising herself as a man so she can watch a soccer tournament alone. There were very many people in it who seemed to have sort of an "artistic" bent to them.

There are still many people who have expansive minds.

Just like there were many people who had expansive minds within the Soviet Union.

The government of a country is not the people of the country.

^ This

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

red_doghubb
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jun 2019, 11:19 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
red_doghubb wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
red_doghubb wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
red_doghubb wrote:
"Iran is no longer like the old Persia. It is now a socially ret*d culture where even art and music are considered satanic, even way behind than most Arab countries."

uh, when is the last time you were there?

Not long but will not provide more details here on the net.

Did you check where I live?

the Levant. What of it?

It means I live too close to Iran.

If 900 plus miles is close. Living in a region doesn't, by geographic association, make one an expert in another country's history or culture.

Oh believe me, I surely know them way more than you.

Well, you don't know what I do for a living :wink:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 11:20 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
The ideology of the Iranian government---is that they really don't like Sunni Muslims.

They like no one really, even Azerbaijan, the second largest Shia country next to Iran. Read on the historical Iran-Azerbaijan tensions.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 11:20 am

red_doghubb wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
red_doghubb wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
red_doghubb wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
red_doghubb wrote:
"Iran is no longer like the old Persia. It is now a socially ret*d culture where even art and music are considered satanic, even way behind than most Arab countries."

uh, when is the last time you were there?

Not long but will not provide more details here on the net.

Did you check where I live?

the Levant. What of it?

It means I live too close to Iran.

If 900 plus miles is close. Living in a region doesn't, by geographic association, make one an expert in another country's history or culture.

Oh believe me, I surely know them way more than you.

Well, you don't know what I do for a living :wink:

Some American orientalist who never been in our area?

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 12:16 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
red_doghubb wrote:
Wonderful people, great landscapes, amazing architecture and the food..where do I even start? Iranian people don't want trouble, they want a good relationship with the West. And the opinion of the people is slowly shaping the actions of the clerics. At this point Iran is the most stable country in the ME, why f*$% it up?. For the life of me I can't figure out why we have Saudi Arabia for an ally instead of Iran.

...and yet many of them are racist, unkind, and think they're superior to Arabs and other Middle Eastern ethnicities.

Their racism is laughable though because their country is so backward, many Turks have these same sentiments but at least their country is beautiful, advanced and progressive, despite the current ruling party.

Spreading radical Shia ideologies like how KSA spreads radical Sunni ideologies.

Allies with the Muslim Brotherhood , the most powerful and dangerous Islamic radical movement, of which ISIS and Qaeda were offshoots.

Iran is no longer like the old Persia. It is now a socially ret*d culture where even art and music are considered satanic, even way behind than most Arab countries.

For instance, for a fast comparison, check youtube, would you be able find music videos made in Iran? Nope...but you'll see tons of music videos made in the Arab world, live concerts and music videos on TV, even by unveiled female singers.

They're however masterminds in politics (it's the culture that has invented the chess after all), Iran rulers are fully aware that Trump is just talk and will never do an unpopular war that may harm his chances in the upcoming elections - plus Iran is Russia's ally and Trump is in good terms with Putin; hence why the Iranians are doing all these attacks on the Arab ships and and the recent aircraft attack, just to discredit Trump's big threats in front of the the public opinion.

And they succeeded in that.

Lol. Iran didn't attack the ship. The US supported the Muslim brotherhood. And what was a US drone doing in their territory?

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 1:41 pm

That tension just keeps on building. :|

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 2:50 pm

red_doghubb wrote:
Wonderful people, great landscapes, amazing architecture and the food..where do I even start? Iranian people don't want trouble, they want a good relationship with the West. And the opinion of the people is slowly shaping the actions of the clerics. At this point Iran is the most stable country in the ME, why f*$% it up?. For the life of me I can't figure out why we have Saudi Arabia for an ally instead of Iran.

Get back to me when they stop denying the holocaust and demanding all Jews die.
Iran is probably the worse Middle East nation.

There’s more stable nations in Middle East.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 2:54 pm

red_doghubb wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Largely because they are surrounded by Sunni countries, who in the past of had a bad habit of making war on Iran. Using American supplied weaponry and chemicals of course. :D

And Iran has American weapons and chemicals they were our allies once. So they made war on other nations with American supplied weapons and chemicals as well.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 3:02 pm

So what does trump think such a war would accomplish, didn't we already see what happened with that whole fiasco in Iraq. If trump wants to support our troops best thing to do would be not send them to yet another pointless war.

But trump is like a toddler with a hand gun.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 3:07 pm

sly279 wrote:
red_doghubb wrote:

Get back to me when they stop denying the holocaust and demanding all Jews die.
Iran is probably the worse Middle East nation.

There’s more stable nations in Middle East.

It turns out most people around the world are just regular people...its very unlikely that every Iranian denies the holocaust and demands all jews die.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 3:34 pm

I actually understand WHY some Muslims hate the Jewish (not saying I agree with it because my sibilings are actually Jewish).

I mean the fact is that some of their land was snatched away from them to create the nation of Israel, and the Israeli government treats the Muslims there like garbage from what I've heard.

How would Americans feel if a chunk of their land was taken from them to create a new country for the Muslims and those Muslims decided that they were going to kill or oppress the American Christians already living there and constantly attack the surrounding states to protect this new land, not caring what kind of civilians they killed including children?

I bet they would NOT be happy about that!

The whole thing with Israel is a f*****g mess and nobody wants to acknowledge how wrong it was because they're afraid of being labeled as anti-semitic. Plus we all know that America is tolerant of Islamophobia. :roll:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 4:10 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
red_doghubb wrote:

...and yet many of them are racist, unkind, and think they're superior to Arabs and other Middle Eastern ethnicities.

Their racism is laughable though because their country is so backward, many Turks have these same sentiments but at least their country is beautiful, advanced and progressive, despite the current ruling party.

Spreading radical Shia ideologies like how KSA spreads radical Sunni ideologies.

Allies with the Muslim Brotherhood , the most powerful and dangerous Islamic radical movement, of which ISIS and Qaeda were offshoots.

Iran is no longer like the old Persia. It is now a socially ret*d culture where even art and music are considered satanic, even way behind than most Arab countries.

For instance, for a fast comparison, check youtube, would you be able find music videos made in Iran? Nope...but you'll see tons of music videos made in the Arab world, live concerts and music videos on TV, even by unveiled female singers.

They're however masterminds in politics (it's the culture that has invented the chess after all), Iran rulers are fully aware that Trump is just talk and will never do an unpopular war that may harm his chances in the upcoming elections - plus Iran is Russia's ally and Trump is in good terms with Putin; hence why the Iranians are doing all these attacks on the Arab ships and and the recent aircraft attack, just to discredit Trump's big threats in front of the the public opinion.

And they succeeded in that.

Lol. Iran didn't attack the ship. The US supported the Muslim brotherhood. And what was a US drone doing in their territory?

huh...what?
Are you too ignorant about the Iran-MB relationship?

Why do you think Iran and Qatar are allies in everything?
Iran and Hamas?
Iran and the deceased previous Egyptian president?
Turkey and Qatar?

It's not even a secret, the Iran-MB relation is as old as the Iranian revolution.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 4:14 pm

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
I actually understand WHY some Muslims hate the Jewish (not saying I agree with it because my sibilings are actually Jewish).

I mean the fact is that some of their land was snatched away from them to create the nation of Israel, and the Israeli government treats the Muslims there like garbage from what I've heard.

How would Americans feel if a chunk of their land was taken from them to create a new country for the Muslims and those Muslims decided that they were going to kill or oppress the American Christians already living there and constantly attack the surrounding states to protect this new land, not caring what kind of civilians they killed including children?

The whole thing with Israel is a f*****g mess and nobody wants to acknowledge how wrong it was because they're afraid of being labeled as anti-semitic. Plus we all know that America is tolerant of Islamophobia. :roll:

Actually, Islam and Judaism are probably the two most similar religions in the world, Islam descended from an non-Trinitarian Jewish Christian sect...but that's another topic.

Ironically, the Qur'an does acknowledge the right of the Jews to the land of Israel.

Here's something that may shock you a bit: From purely Islamic perspective, Jews are not considered heretics; after all 99% of the Prophets which they believe in (Except Mohammad) are Israelite/Hebrew figures. While Christians are viewed as Polytheists, hence as heretics.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 4:21 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:

Actually, Islam and Judaism are probably the two most similar religions in the world, Islam descended from an non-Trinitarian Jewish Christian sect...but that's another topic.

Ironically, the Qur'an does acknowledge the right of the Jews to the land of Israel.

Here's something that may shock you a bit: From purely Islamic perspective, Jews are not considered heretics; after all 99% of the Prophets which they believe in (Except Mohammad) are Israelite/Hebrew figures. While Christians are viewed as Polytheists, hence as heretics.

Yeah I get it, they hate each other. Hence all the killing. :roll:

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 4:28 pm

I'll be honest I don't know a lot about the middle east other than what my former friend from Kuwait used to tell me. That's how I found out about the Islamic grudge against the Jews.

I quit being friends with him because he was a Holocaust denier and said that all Jews deserved to be killed (he didn't even know my brothers and sister have Jewish ancestry).

But my Mom was the one who explained to me the situation with Israel and why some Muslims are pissed about it.

But what would I know? I've only met one guy from the middle east who I started off being friends with until he basically said my brothers, sister, and Nana deserved to be put to death.

Religion is BS.