What's up with the left girl?

Page 1 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

What's up with the left girl?
ASD male: She seems just for fun watching and listening the right girl. 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
ASD male: She seems to be quite curious about what the right girl tells. 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
ASD male: She seems totally emotional affected about what the right girl says. 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
ASD male: She seems to be skeptical about what the right girl says. 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
ASD male: Can't tell but seems nothing of this. 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
ASD female: She seems just for fun watching and listening the right girl. 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
ASD female: She seems to be quite curious about what the right girl tells. 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
ASD female: She seems totally emotional affected about what the right girl says. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
ASD female: She seems to be skeptical about what the right girl says. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ASD female: Can't tell but seems nothing of this. 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Male: She seems just for fun watching and listening the right girl. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Male: She seems to be quite curious about what the right girl tells. 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Male: She seems totally emotional affected about what the right girl says. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Male: She seems to be skeptical about what the right girl says. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Male: Can't tell but seems nothing of this. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Female: She seems just for fun watching and listening the right girl. 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Female: She seems to be quite about curious what the right girl tells. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Female: She seems totally emotional affected about what the right girl says. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Female: She seems to be skeptical about what the right girl says. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Female: Can't tell but seems nothing of this. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 42

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 9:38 am

Found this picture in wikipedia. Please watch it carefully before selecting the poll.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 9:48 am

The girl on the right looks sad about something, but the girl on the left seems to be unaffected emotionally. Sheds just humouring the other girl, she's not that interested. I say this because the corners of her mouth are not quite smiling, but she's also not sad.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 9:57 am

I would say you are wrong but it's a question of perception of course. :wink:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 10:30 am

I think the girl to the left is having a good time hanging out in that location, and she's thinking about how nice the weather is. She cares about the other girl, but she's not going to get sad because the other girl might be sad.

I think the other girl is sort of reflective, thinking about things a little deeper than the other girl. She might be sad about something---or she just might be thinking about things.

They are extremely young people, about 10-12 years of age.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 21 Jun 2019, 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 10:35 am

Left girl also looks a bit cheeky, like if you open up to her she'll make a dismissive remark about it.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 10:43 am

I think the left girl has asked the right girl to do something naughty. Nothing sexual, but perhaps stealing something. The girl on the right is pensive and in a moral quandary. The expression of the girl on the left is waiting, hoping, wanting, coaxing and expecting the girl on the right to "cross over".

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 10:49 am

As I look at the picture more, I think the girl to the left is more sympathetic to the girl to the right than I previously thought.

The girl on the left is trying to present herself as a strong person, so the other girl will feel secure in confiding something to her.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 21 Jun 2019, 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 10:50 am

My first impression was that she seems just to be just curious about what the right girl tells. But my second impression was that she is totally compassionate and emotional affected about what the right girl says. But it's a question of perception of course. I think people vote differently once they are influenced be affective empathy, cognitive empathy, just experience or the comments here.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 12:00 pm

I think that the girl on the right is very earnest and seriously minded, and she has just shared a secret that she’s a little embarrassed about (probably about a crush that she has on a boy). You can tell she’s embarrassed because she’s not making direct eye contact with her friend. The girl on the left is interested, amused, and has a hint of mockery about her (as is indicated by her upturned mouth) as such situations usually call for.

She might tease her friend a little bit for it which the other girl won’t like at all.

They are in a secluded place - the perfect place for sharing such secrets with a best friend.

This picture brings me back to when I was sharing a secret with my best friend when I was about 12. I was dreadfully earnest, and she teased me about it. It was not the response I was looking for! LOL

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 12:10 pm

I think that if she was really concerned then her brow would be crinkled.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 1:35 pm

[sarcasm]
You are all wrong.

The one on the left is a space alien / human hybrid, and the one on the right is a transgendered hermaphrodite.

They are discussing the existential conflict between stimming and medical intervention in athymic nude mice.

Why won't you admit it? It's right there in front of you!

[/sarcasm]

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 4:11 pm

I put myself down as a male as I don't know if I am a ASD or not. I think she looks curious? I am not sure as faces like this confuse me a bit. I was judging it more by the other girl who seemed like she was thinking about something?
What is the answer?

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 4:18 pm

The girl on the right has a confession to make, but nevertheless knows it to be a foolish and puerile one; the girl on the left humours the first girl with the kindly, knowing wisdom of an elder sister, but her faint, slightly wry smile is there to gently encourage the first girl to let go of whatever unbecoming puerility it is she's afflicted with, while never being coercive. There's a touch of malevolence in the blond girl's smile, but of the most wholesome and educative kind.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 4:20 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
I think that the girl on the right is very earnest and seriously minded, and she has just shared a secret that she’s a little embarrassed about (probably about a crush that she has on a boy). You can tell she’s embarrassed because she’s not making direct eye contact with her friend. The girl on the left is interested, amused, and has a hint of mockery about her (as is indicated by her upturned mouth) as such situations usually call for.

She might tease her friend a little bit for it which the other girl won’t like at all.

They are in a secluded place - the perfect place for sharing such secrets with a best friend.

This picture brings me back to when I was sharing a secret with my best friend when I was about 12. I was dreadfully earnest, and she teased me about it. It was not the response I was looking for! LOL

How can you tell all that from the picture? I mean... Wow! Is that how you can tell the difference between sympathy and empathy? (Haha. I still am not too sure about sympathy and empathy! Haha! Confusing!)

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 4:43 pm

Fnord wrote:
[sarcasm]
You are all wrong.

The one on the left is a space alien / human hybrid, and the one on the right is a transgendered hermaphrodite.

They are discussing the existential conflict between stimming and medical intervention in athymic nude mice.

Why won't you admit it? It's right there in front of you!

[/sarcasm]

Your suggestion was going to be my second guess.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 4:45 pm

I've looked at the girl on the left in the picture trice --
First was last night; the having fun part.

Then later around few hours or so it became.. Meaningless. The expression I mean -- it just became a picture with two girls in it. Despite having the memory of my previous answer.

Now, morning before 6, it leans to skeptical and something something to say part.

I can't have 'one' answer.
... It's almost like reading my own writing. :|

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Last edited by Edna3362 on 21 Jun 2019, 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.