Trump Believes Impeachment Will Help Him Win Re-Election

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 1:41 pm

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/21/trump-impeachment-help-win-2020-1376700

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 2:04 pm

It might help him get what he wants. I don't think Democrats realize that. If we lose him we get stuck with Mike Pence.

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 4:22 pm

Impeachment is just the first stage of a multi stage process needed to end a presidency.
Bill Clinton's approval rating and popularity soared after he was impeached.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2019, 3:46 am

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
It might help him get what he wants. I don't think Democrats realize that. If we lose him we get stuck with Mike Pence.

Impeachment does not equal "removing the guy from office".

It may result in that, or it may not.

If they do go ahead with impeachment, and he remains in office, who knows? He might gain in popularity, or not. His hardcore base would be fired up for sure, but whether it would broaden his base, or not, is hard to say.

If they impeach, and if Trump is removed from office. then getting "stuck with Pence" would hurt the GOP far more than it would hurt the Dems.

Pence is far right, but unlike Trump is mainstream GOP on foreign policy- which means that he is even more anti Russian than the Democrats, and does not really believe in Trump's one man rebellion against the "Russia is our main enemy" Mitt Romney style GOP elite. So the first thing that Pence would do would be to repair the damage done by his former boss to our alliances and renew our friendships with our NATO allies and would snub Putin. Which is all good.

Then the second thing Pence would do would be to try to enact his own far right domestic policy- and on the domestic front he would be ineffective, and would be SO far right that he would alienate most of the American electorate, and deliver the nation up to the Dems on a silver platter. Were talking about a guy who thinks that the universe started 6000 years ago.

So pence would only be effective in doing the mainstream things that are desirable ( undoing some of the damage done by Trump), and would be ineffective in doing the far right agenda that would undesireable. And precisely because he is so off to the right he would end up shooting the GOP in the foot.

So that old "we would get stuck with Pence" mantra is an argument for impeachment, and not against it.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2019, 4:08 am

naturalplastic wrote:

Impeachment does not equal "removing the guy from office".

It may result in that, or it may not.

If they do go ahead with impeachment, and he remains in office, who knows? He might gain in popularity, or not. His hardcore base would be fired up for sure, but whether it would broaden his base, or not, is hard to say.

If they impeach, and if Trump is removed from office. then getting "stuck with Pence" would hurt the GOP far more than it would hurt the Dems.

Pence is far right, but unlike Trump is mainstream GOP on foreign policy- which means that he is even more anti Russian than the Democrats, and does not really believe in Trump's one man rebellion against the "Russia is our main enemy" Mitt Romney style GOP elite. So the first thing that Pence would do would be to repair the damage done by his former boss to our alliances and renew our friendships with our NATO allies and would snub Putin. Which is all good.

Then the second thing Pence would do would be to try to enact his own far right domestic policy- and on the domestic front he would be ineffective, and would be SO far right that he would alienate most of the American electorate, and deliver the nation up to the Dems on a silver platter. Were talking about a guy who thinks that the universe started 6000 years ago.

So pence would only be effective in doing the mainstream things that are desirable ( undoing some of the damage done by Trump), and would be ineffective in doing the far right agenda that would undesireable. And precisely because he is so off to the right he would end up shooting the GOP in the foot.

So that old "we would get stuck with Pence" mantra is an argument for impeachment, and not against it.

You might be right. But if Pence succeeds in passing MORE laws that take away more rights from the LGBT or women...

Eh, f**k it. It aint like any of the incels here actually care about that. You guys will try and convince me that it's really the liberals trying to take away my rights. :roll:

Last edited by TheRevengeofTW1ZTY on 23 Jun 2019, 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2019, 5:08 am

either way, us working stiffs are screwed, blued and tattooed.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2019, 5:30 am

auntblabby wrote:

Agreed. Our country is screwed. Getting rid of Trump won't change that.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2019, 5:44 am

auntblabby wrote:

Agreed. Our country is screwed. Getting rid of Trump won't change that.

the maga brigades have thoroughly done their damage. they will at best be totally uncooperative in any restorative regime.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2019, 7:40 am

Hmm, most of the huge problems we have come from failed liberal policy, just goto any major liberal city to see how much worse things can get. Liberals claim to always act as if they are trying to protect the little man yet raise taxes so high that the poor can't afford to live in houses and the middle class suffers greatly while it has virtually no negative impact on the rich.

Last edited by Crimadella on 23 Jun 2019, 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2019, 7:41 am

Crimadella wrote:
Hmm, most of the huge problems we have come from failed liberal policy, just goto any major liberal city to see how much worse things can get.

Yeah we get it, you hate liberals. :roll:

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2019, 7:43 am

I'm not like you, I don't hate the actual people, just the destruction they do to our country.

Last edited by Crimadella on 23 Jun 2019, 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2019, 7:44 am

Crimadella wrote:
I'm not like you, I don't hate that actual people, just the destruction they do to our country.

And yet you keep attacking liberals.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2019, 7:46 am

Crimadella wrote:
I'm not like you, I don't hate that actual people, just the destruction they do to our country.

No, you are just blinded by emotions when you read my statements, I attacked "liberal policy"

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2019, 7:49 am

Crimadella wrote:
Crimadella wrote:

No, you are just blinded by emotions when you read my statements, I attacked "liberal policy"

You always attack liberals specifically trying to call them racist and homophobic when they're the ones who are actually trying to stand up for LGBT rights and the rights of minorities. You are full of s**t.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2019, 7:56 am

Anyway. To comment on the topic, of course the attempt to empeach will help Trump, it will ultimately disclose all of the facts of how the DNC is corrupt and trying to get rid of a president simply because they don't like him. I'm not worried about the possibility of him actually being impeached, you have to actually do something wrong to be impeached. So far all they got is obstruction of a crime that was never commited, you have to have a crime in which you are obstructing the investigation, with no crime and no evidence there can be no obstruction and should had been no investigation, from the words of a retired FBI agent.

No they don't stand for that, they stand for trying to spread government power, manipulation of the public and corruption in the government. Some republicans are guilty of the same. But yes, there are liberals, or fake liberals out there which do fit the description of all the negative things you just suggested. How's about listing out the so called, attack on LGBT'S Trump has acted upon.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2019, 8:05 am

Crimadella wrote:
Anyway. To comment on the topic, of course the attempt to empeach will help Trump, it will ultimately disclose all of the facts of how the DNC is corrupt and trying to get rid of a president simply because they don't like him. I'm not worried about the possibility of him actually being impeached, you have to actually do something wrong to be impeached. So far all they got is obstruction of a crime that was never commited, you have to have a crime in which you are obstructing the investigation, with no crime and no evidence there can be no obstruction and should had been no investigation, from the words of a retired FBI agent.

No they don't stand for that, they stand for trying to spread government power, manipulation of the public and corruption in the government. Some republicans are guilty of the same. But yes, there are liberals, or fake liberals out there which do fit the description of all the negative things you just suggested. How's about listing out the so called, attack on LGBT'S Trump has acted upon.

So you're saying that all liberals are corrupt but only some Republicans are bad? What a load of s**t! Yeah, like I said before you have it out for liberals. And your accusations are completely f*****g absurd! :roll:

You wanna know what I truly think? They're both f*****g corrupt and tearing this country apart. Yup, THAT is the REAL truth! The sooner ignorant Amuuuurrrricccans like you wake up and realize that the happier we'll all be! :evil: