TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 12:17 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
to his supporters he can do no wrong, he could murder somebody on fifth avenue and only get plaudits. if he was caught in bed with a dead girl or a live boy* he'd only get applause from his supporters.
*a quote from an earlier pol

Then there's his haters who would call him a Nazi for saving a kitten. Rational people criticise him when he does something bad and praise him when he does something good. His critics are worse than his supporters.

I call BS on that. When the f**k did Trump ever save a kitten? :cat:

Just wait, he might do it as a stunt for the election campaign :P

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 1:03 pm

Haha

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 1:11 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
to his supporters he can do no wrong, he could murder somebody on fifth avenue and only get plaudits. if he was caught in bed with a dead girl or a live boy* he'd only get applause from his supporters.

Then there's his haters who would call him a Nazi for saving a kitten. Rational people criticise him when he does something bad and praise him when he does something good. His critics are worse than his supporters.

I find the fanatical Trump supporters and haters equally blind in their fanaticism.

"The part of Trump's platform I find most problematic is his position on trade. His other positions that I oppose will be violently opposed by his enemies, but he might be able to convince people that tariffs and trade wars are good ideas."
-Antrax 3 years ago in a discussion with my poly-sci friend

Clearly I underestimated his enemies. They'll oppose him on everything whether they believe in it or not.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 1:14 pm

What I said in the other thread:

Quote:
They're however masterminds in politics (it's the culture that has invented the chess after all), the Iranians are fully aware that Trump is just talk and will never do an unpopular war that may harm his chances in the upcoming elections - plus Iran is Russia's ally and Trump is in good terms with Putin; hence why the Iranians are doing all these attacks on the Arab ships and and the recent aircraft attack, just to discredit Trump's big threats in front of the the public opinion.

And they succeeded in that.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 3:08 pm

Antrax wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I find the fanatical Trump supporters and haters equally blind in their fanaticism.

"The part of Trump's platform I find most problematic is his position on trade. His other positions that I oppose will be violently opposed by his enemies, but he might be able to convince people that tariffs and trade wars are good ideas."
-Antrax 3 years ago in a discussion with my poly-sci friend

Clearly I underestimated his enemies. They'll oppose him on everything whether they believe in it or not.

Good stuff.

I had an argument with a Trump fanatic the other day and when I pointed out all the terrible things he has done he said "It's all part of the plan" to expose the deep state.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 3:15 pm

So liking Trump makes one an idiot, and not liking Trump makes one an idiot too. Are we all idiots then? :scratch:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 3:36 am

JohnPowell wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

ok, what GOOD has the man done EVAH??

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 8:21 am

auntblabby wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

ok, what GOOD has the man done EVAH??

I think whatever good he has done doesn't make up for the bad s**t he is doing.

The only thing Trump has really accomplished as a president is making Americans feel even more polarized over politics, destroying our trust in the news, and allienating our closest allies while trying to start more wars.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 8:27 am

Rank-and-file Americans haven't had much trust in the news since at least the 1970s.....

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 8:35 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Rank-and-file Americans haven't had much trust in the news since at least the 1970s.....

I think Trump has piled more icing on top of the cake though.

On one hand, yeah we deserve to know that our news is full of s**t. But on the other hand, Trump is just exploiting this as a form of propoganda. "Don't trust the news! Trust ME instead! Even when I'm telling you it's a good thing to lock immigrant children up in internment camps and separate them from their families!"

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 8:42 am

the only nominal "good" that man has done is benefit his cronies at the expense of everybody else including the lions' share of his rank and file supporters who can't seem to comprehend how severely he has screwed them over.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 8:43 am

auntblabby wrote:
the only nominal "good" that man has done is benefit his cronies at the expense of everybody else including the lions' share of his rank and file supporters who can't seem to comprehend how severely he has screwed them over.

Just like Reagan.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 8:46 am

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Just like Reagan.

this man makes ronnie raygun look like obama. hell, he's far worse than nixon ever even dreamed of being!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 8:46 am

Trump and his press secretaries sometimes reach "1984" heights of absurdity.....

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 8:48 am

that conway fascist is a choice piece of work. i don't know how her hubby can stand her. that is a continuing mystery, why couples like that [and similarly mary matalin/james carville] stay together.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 8:58 am

I think Americans have really lost their minds over this Trump BS.

I mean really, that's all there is to it. Trump is a terrible f*****g president!