Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 7:03 pm

I picked up this postcard while I was at the Autism Society of Minnesota today and thought I would share.

Autism Self-Advocacy Summit in St. Paul, MN on 9/21/19

"For Autistics. By Autistics."

Sept. 21, 2019
The 2nd Annual AuSM Self-Advocacy Summit will include a keynote presentation and breakout sessions featuring topics including mental health, executive function, sensory needs, employment, relationships, and more. This event is for adults with autism by adults with autism.

St Paul, MN 55101

2019 AuSM Self-Advocacy Summit Schedule of Events

7:30-8:30 a.m. Registration, AuSM Bookstore, and Exhibits Open

8:30-9:30 a.m. Keynote Presentation
Olivia James

9:30-9:45 a.m. Break

9:45-10:45 a.m. Breakout Sessions 1
The Importance of Good Self Care to Do Effective Self-Advocacy: Philip King-Lowe
Autism and Chemical Dependency: Angie Loving-DeCoster
Alternatives to Masking: Living Authentically As An Autistic Person in a World That Says You Are Wrong: Elizabeth Scheel-Keita

10:45-11 a.m. Break

11 a.m.-12 p.m. Breakout Sessions 2
Advocating for Yourself Within the Mental Health System: Jillian Nelson, Beth Pitchford, and Barb Luskin
The Autistic Parent: Successfully Navigating Self-Care, Parenting, and Partnership: Aja Jones
The Power of Presuming Competence: Meghana Junnuru, Chetan Junnuru, and Indu Eati

12-1:30 p.m. Lunch

1:30-2:30 p.m. Breakout Sessions 3
Building Autistic Pride Janine Brooks and Mara Fritts
Organize Your Life, Organize Your Mind Stephanie Kabachenko
Find Your Resilience Dawn Johnson

2:35-3:00 Special Interest Introduction Olivia James and Jillian Nelson

3-4 p.m. Special Interest Breakout Sessions
Gaming
Knitting
Autism Research
Community Building
Day Debrief

Accommodations and Accessibility

AuSM strives to make every event accessible to its full community. To help ensure that the Self-Advocacy Summit is accessible to all, we ask that participants refrain from wearing perfumes and scents. In addition, AuSM will provide a quiet room for those who need to take a break, all rooms will be mobility accessible, all speakers will be required to use a microphone, index cards will be available for people to write questions if they prefer not to speak out loud, pronoun and socialization stickers will be available, and we will have a variety of fidgets available in the AuSM Bookstore. If you have additional accessibility needs, please contact Olivia James at [email protected].

Self-Advocacy Summit 2019 Sponsors Needed

Reach adults with autism with messaging about your product or service by sponsoring the 2nd Annual AuSM Self-Advocacy Summit. Click here for more information.

2019 Exhibitors
Accra
Bethesda Lutheran Communities
FIND Network

Dan82
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Jun 2019, 3:06 am

Maybe I'll go. I live near St. Paul.

grahambaster
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jun 2019, 9:29 am

Thanks, Magna I'm going to AUSM tonight for the social/support group and considering attending this conference.

outerspacenik
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Aug 2019, 6:34 am

Wow! Thank you so much for telling me about this. I wish we could have something like it in Sydney Australia. I will pass it on to Asperger Services Australia our only representative body here. Unfortunately it is based in a different state to the one i live in.