Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2019, 7:22 pm

I watched the movie "Distant Thunder" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlqCndGzq28 and one thing that strikes me about that movie -- which nobody seems to talk about -- is why did that guy asked Patty to tell him her life story on the first place? She only had ONE DAY to prepare not to reject Christ in a gullitone, so why disract her? Now, I know that her attitude wasn't the best: she didn't want to accept Christ, she just didn't want to take the mark of the beast either, and in fact she kept saying "why would God who love me make me want to go through it", etc. But still, why not try to persuade her to accept Christ? Or if he doesn't know how to do it, why not at least give her time to do it herself, in that one remote obscure chance that she might decide to change her mind? But no, he asked her to tell him her story, and in fact he even said he wanted her to tell him her story so as to "take her mind off of tomorrow". But "taking her mind off of tomorrow" is the worst thing one can possibly do to her! I think this just reflects on people's attitude in general. They give up on each other too easily, under good pretenses.