Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Jul 2019, 1:48 pm

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Frankly, I have never came across a dating profile, men or women, who put "what they have to offer". They all say what they're seeking for.

I totally agree. It was so tiring reading endless women with very high opinions of themselves act like they were perfect and had a long laundry list they expected you to meet. By the end, I was yelling at the computer "what do YOU have to offer ME?" It was almost like reading a job posting. The last time I saw a profile of someone who did mention what they offered, I messaged her even though I wasn't the least bit attracted to her interests. We are still married and now have a baby.
I notice that too. I didn't message most of the women's profiles I read on dating sites. I knew I could never measure up to their expectations. When they did talk about themselves & give an idea of what they may be like within a relationship/had to offer. Most women outside my area were bragging about how independent they were, how successful their career was & how they valued it so much & put so much effort in. I was wondering why they wanted a relationship in the 1st place & how the hell they would have time for one. It really was no wonder why they weren't meeting guys offline. The women in my area were bragging about how much of a country girl they were & all the country activities they were into which I'm not into at all. Like you HockeyFan I didn't really care about interests when searching for a partner but those girls were also talking about how much they liked/wanted country guys so I knew they wouldn't give me half a chance. My interests were things I usually did by myself. I could potentially get into other things if I was exposed to em in the rite way except for partying/clubbing which I know I cant get into & unfortunately lots of girls in general(1s in my area & outside of it) tended to be into that if they weren't the career driven types & I really didn't know why they weren't meeting guys offline.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2019, 6:50 am

nick007 wrote:
Most women outside my area were bragging about how independent they were, how successful their career was & how they valued it so much & put so much effort in. I was wondering why they wanted a relationship in the 1st place & how the hell they would have time for one.

Yes, this and travel were the "big brags" on at least 90% of profiles. I too thought the same thing: how on Earth could they ever expect to be in a relationship if they are THAT career or travel driven? I remember dating a single mother once and she spent the entire date going on about how she was independent, doesn't need support, doesn't need anyone to help with her daughter, blah blah and I am thinking the whole time "where the heck do I fit in here?" I also had a friend who until recently was eternally single: he wrote on his profile that he plays sports 6 nights a week. He never accepted the reality that no woman wants a "full time" relationship 1 day a week!!

On short, there is a good reason these "quality" women are single and nothing you say or do is going to change that.