I want to write a story about the Nazi camps

Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 9:08 pm

Bravo5150 wrote:
Why do you have to write from the perspective of a Jewish person? Jews represent the biggest number of people killed. But there were several other groups targeted before the Jews. Can you related more from personal experience as a disabled person or as a Jewish person for starters?

There are also those countries invaded and those that had to hide, maybe write from the perspective of say someone similar to Anne Frank.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2019, 12:43 pm

I've gone off the idea now, sorry.

I've now started writing a story about a girl with Asperger's that starts secondary school, and is awkward with fitting in and making friends. She is as non-stereotypical as possible, as her symptoms are complex. She is chatty, idealistic and has a sense of humour.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2019, 11:57 am

Joe90 wrote:

I've now started writing a story about a girl with Asperger's that starts secondary school, and is awkward with fitting in and making friends. She is as non-stereotypical as possible, as her symptoms are complex. She is chatty, idealistic and has a sense of humour.

At least no one can say that you don't know what you're talking about with that one since you have personal experience on the matter. :)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2019, 9:18 pm

Fireblossom wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

At least no one can say that you don't know what you're talking about with that one since you have personal experience on the matter. :)

Yes, well, the Nazi camps were so awful, that you had to actually have been there to know all what really went on there. Also the thought of Nazi camps are starting to freak me out.
And some people in this thread have made me feel like I'm insensitive for writing a story about this subject. So I thought I'd write something that's a little more down to earth.

My story is going to be about an 11-year-old girl with Asperger's syndrome, starting secondary school. But she is no 'stereotypical' Aspie. Her only interest is making friends and fitting in, which the plot of the story is friendships don't go the way she plans. But she is sociable, happy, and in some ways like any other normal girl of her age.

PeterPenn
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Sep 2019, 9:09 am

The topic of WWII atrocities is very important and shall never be forgotten, but I think there are enough works about that. If you want to write a good story, listen to other people's advice, write about Asperger's. There are very few books or films about it yet, and we need more.