Tennessee Gov. signs bill to celebrate white supremacist

Page 4 of 5 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2019, 3:06 pm

Gen. Forrest's involvement in the Confederacy -- a polity established to maintain slavery as an economic institution -- and his contributions to losing the war are well-known. So is the fact that the Confederacy lost the war. The governor is not honoring the General so much as he is honoring the re-institution of slavery.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2019, 3:42 pm

I hate everything about the American Civil War. I hope I'm either long dead or living in a better country before the next one breaks out.

Yes, I'm a defeatist. :shrug:

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2019, 9:53 pm

BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:
Blah, blah, blah.

It was a Proclamation required by state law.

Forrest's actual involvement in the Klan is unknown. He even left the organisation.

This is just one more thing for lefties to complain about.

Perhaps they missed the fact that, "The governor of Tennessee has been required by law to annually declare July 13 in honor of the general. "

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2019, 12:51 am

Fnord wrote:
TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
I dunno... I still think Caucasians are destined to one day become a true minority, and then the tables will turn on them.
They will be assimilated, and their uniqueness will be added to the human collective. Resistance is inevitable, but futile. One day, millennia from now, the entire human species will look more homogeneous.

No. If anything, you'll see a greater diversity of looks as a result, by mixing traits that in the present day usually don't go together (like fair hair and light eye colors with an East Asian face, outside of Inner Asia or the Hmong).

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2019, 1:41 am

Fnord wrote:
Borromeo wrote:
... I don't see the reason to celebrate an obscure general from the Confederacy...
I see no point in celebrating a LOSING general from the LOSING side in a LOST CAUSE.

I don't see the point in celebrating a sociopathic general like Sherman who wins a war by attacking civilians and later contributed to the genocide of the native americans.

In all fairness, Sherman burned down the Confederate industrial centers in order to attack the south's means of making war. When private homes were destroyed, it was more of a matter of the fires getting out of control, not an intentional act. Fire aint always our friend.
In regard to Native Americans, Sherman was carrying out the indefensible policies of the US government. Prior to all out hostilities, Sherman, when meeting with the Sioux and Cheyenne representatives, had literally begged them to return to their reservations. Apparently, Sherman had had no experience with existing in those wretched places.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2019, 1:48 am

BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:
Blah, blah, blah.

Forrest's actual involvement in the Klan is unknown. He even left the organisation.

We know Forest's involvement, as he was one of the primary founders of the terrorist group. He later left the Klan - - only after he saw that the KKK was completely over matched against the occupying Union forces when President Grant had outlawed the organization. In fact, Forrest demonstrated he had the power to disband the Klan, which means he was hardly an innocent little lamb with no terrorist ties.
Just WTF kind of law is that which establishes a day for not only a traitor, but a terrorist as well?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2019, 2:04 am

beneficii wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I dunno... I still think Caucasians are destined to one day become a true minority, and then the tables will turn on them.
They will be assimilated, and their uniqueness will be added to the human collective. Resistance is inevitable, but futile. One day, millennia from now, the entire human species will look more homogeneous.

No. If anything, you'll see a greater diversity of looks as a result, by mixing traits that in the present day usually don't go together (like fair hair and light eye colors with an East Asian face, outside of Inner Asia or the Hmong).

My half Asian cousin's hair is a lighter in color than mine.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2019, 6:05 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:
Blah, blah, blah.

We know Forest's involvement, as he was one of the primary founders of the terrorist group. He later left the Klan - - only after he saw that the KKK was completely over matched against the occupying Union forces when President Grant had outlawed the organization. In fact, Forrest demonstrated he had the power to disband the Klan, which means he was hardly an innocent little lamb with no terrorist ties.
Just WTF kind of law is that which establishes a day for not only a traitor, but a terrorist as well?

I'm not defending the KKK, but answer me this: Why do Yankees always look down on southerners as being "traitors" when this entire country was founded on treason? Americans were traitors to the British Empire.

So the original 13 colonies betraying Great Britain was somehow a just thing but the south betraying the USA was evil? :roll:

Also Sherman was not an innocent little lamb either. Don't make excuses for him.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2019, 6:32 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:
Blah, blah, blah.

I'm not defending the KKK, but answer me this: Why do Yankees always look down on southerners as being "traitors" when this entire country was founded on treason? Americans were traitors to the British Empire.

So the original 13 colonies betraying Great Britain was somehow a just thing but the south betraying the USA was evil? :roll:

Also Sherman was not an innocent little lamb either. Don't make excuses for him.

As a matter of fact, not all southerners were traitors by a long shot. There were a great fiercely Pro-Union men in the Confederacy who either went north to fight with the Union army, or who carried on guerrilla warfare against the Confederacy from within its borders (men such as Newton Knight who had formed an Anti-Confederate guerrilla group made up of Confederate deserters and escaped slaves). It's also true that the Confederacy had instituted a draft even before the Union did, in which southern men were forced to fight for the Confederacy even if they were against the whole idea. Small wonder that the Confederate army was plagued with desertion. So, no, I hardly look down on all southerners. In fact, it's the wealthy plantation owners who had started the war who I regard as the real traitors.
Sure, America was founded by traitors. Confederate traitors tried to tear the country apart. That's the difference.
No, Sherman was hardly a lamb. What he was was the world's first modern general, with all the coldblooded ruthlessness that implies when he was determined to win.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2019, 6:47 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:
Blah, blah, blah.

As a matter of fact, not all southerners were traitors by a long shot. There were a great fiercely Pro-Union men in the Confederacy who either went north to fight with the Union army, or who carried on guerrilla warfare against the Confederacy from within its borders (men such as Newton Knight who had formed an Anti-Confederate guerrilla group made up of Confederate deserters and escaped slaves). It's also true that the Confederacy had instituted a draft even before the Union did, in which southern men were forced to fight for the Confederacy even if they were against the whole idea. Small wonder that the Confederate army was plagued with desertion. So, no, I hardly look down on all southerners. In fact, it's the wealthy plantation owners who had started the war who I regard as the real traitors.
Sure, America was founded by traitors. Confederate traitors tried to tear the country apart. That's the difference.
No, Sherman was hardly a lamb. What he was was the world's first modern general, with all the coldblooded ruthlessness that implies when he was determined to win.

I really don't care that there were southerners who sided with the Union. My point is it's very ironic how the north looks down on the south calling us traitors when they were traitors too. It just goes to show the hypocrisy of this entire country.

Also there have been ruthless generals long before Sherman. Generals who thought nothing of slaughtering every man, woman, and child in every city they conquered just to win the war. Just like what happened with the city of Jericho in the bible.

Sherman was not the world's first ruthless general.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2019, 7:00 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:
Blah, blah, blah.

I really don't care that there were southerners who sided with the Union. My point is it's very ironic how the north looks down on the south calling us traitors when they were traitors too. It just goes to show the hypocrisy of this entire country.

Also there have been ruthless generals long before Sherman. Generals who thought nothing of slaughtering every man, woman, and child in every city they conquered just to win the war. Just like what happened with the city of Jericho in the bible.

Sherman was not the world's first ruthless general.

No, I said Sherman was the worlds first modern general, in that he understood the enemy's most important front is his home front, and that the way to victory is the destruction of his means of war production.
Sherman understood how making the enemy populace sick of war was also a means to victory, but if the truth be known, Sherman was responsible for more destruction of property than of loss of human life. Generals like Grant and Lee had killed more people.
Sorry, it's not my intention to jab my fingers into an open wound, but I can't see any other way to view the Confederate elite than to call them traitors.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2019, 7:06 am

Maybe we are/were traitors, but this entire country was founded on treason. We didn't just betray the British, we also betrayed the Native Americans through broken treaties. The people who made the mistake of welcoming the European colonists into their land.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2019, 7:11 am

We screwed the Native Americans....but our nation was founded on a desire for freedom from British oppression.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2019, 7:19 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
We screwed the Native Americans....but our nation was founded on a desire for freedom from British oppression.

And thus we betrayed the British and sung of how we were fighting for freedom from British Oppression.

And if the Confederates won the Civil War they would be singing stories today of the heroism of freeing the south from northern oppression.

Just like what I said earlier of what would have happened if the Nazis actually won World War 2.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2019, 7:31 am

I think in the end, North and South are exactly like East and West. Never the twain shall meet.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2019, 7:53 am

We already do.

East meets West—LaChoy makes Chinese food!