I think Carmen Miranda was really a man...

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2019, 6:50 pm

what do you think? :o

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2019, 7:00 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:
I think Carmen Miranda was really a man... what do you think?
In 1948 Miranda became pregnant, but miscarried after a show. You can't miscarry or get pregnant without a uterus, and you can't have a uterus without being born a woman -- medical science in 1948 was not advanced enough to transplant uteri into women. She was born Maria do Carmo Miranda da Cunha to a Roman Catholic family in 1909.

Her skinny figure was largely do to the athletic demands of being a dancer, as well as her addiction to amphetamines. She died at the age of 46 due to a massive heart attack.

I think you should check facts first, before posting frivolous opinions.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2019, 7:03 pm

Fnord wrote:
RightGalaxy wrote:
In 1948 Miranda became pregnant, but miscarried after a show. You can't miscarry or get pregnant without a uterus, and you can't have a uterus without being born a woman -- medical science in 1948 was not advanced enough to transplant uteri into women. She was born Maria do Carmo Miranda da Cunha to a Roman Catholic family in 1909.

Her skinny figure was largely do to the athletic demands of being a dancer, as well as her addiction to amphetamines. She died at the age of 46 due to a massive heart attack.

I think you should check facts first, before posting frivolous opinions.

Fake news from 1948 and frivolous opinions from 2019 :lol:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2019, 7:09 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
RightGalaxy wrote:
In 1948 Miranda became pregnant, but miscarried after a show. You can't miscarry or get pregnant without a uterus, and you can't have a uterus without being born a woman -- medical science in 1948 was not advanced enough to transplant uteri into women. She was born Maria do Carmo Miranda da Cunha to a Roman Catholic family in 1909. Her skinny figure was largely do to the athletic demands of being a dancer, as well as her addiction to amphetamines. She died at the age of 46 due to a massive heart attack. I think you should check facts first, before posting frivolous opinions.
Fake news from 1948 and frivolous opinions from 2019.
Evidence, please?

Something other than trollish opinions.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2019, 7:12 pm

Bananas is Her Business

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

epilanthanomai
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Jul 2019, 5:54 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:
what do you think? :o

Someone else's gender isn't a matter of debate for anyone besides themselves and the people they explicitly invite into the discussion.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2019, 8:24 am

epilanthanomai wrote:
RightGalaxy wrote:
what do you think?
Someone else's gender isn't a matter of debate for anyone besides themselves and the people they explicitly invite into the discussion.
Reminds me of a joke:

Q: A Feminist, a Libertarian, a Trans-gendered person, and a Vegan walk into a bar. How do I know this?

A: Because within 5 minutes, they had told everyone else there.

If people don't want their genders discussed, then they should conceal their genders. Otherwise, their genders -- real or apparent -- will be discussed by everyone who notices them.

Same goes for their personal problems, religious beliefs, and political affiliations -- if you don't want other people talking about them, then keep them to yourself.

epilanthanomai

24 Jul 2019, 1:47 pm

What exactly does "conceal your gender" mean to you in the context of an in-person interaction or a celebrity? It looks to me like it's impossible, making your suggestion basically impossible.

Commenting on someone's gender presentation hurts people in the same way commenting on someone's weight does: Sometimes not at all, and sometimes severely. Both are similarly rude.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2019, 5:05 pm

epilanthanomai wrote:
What exactly does "conceal your gender" mean to you in the context of an in-person interaction or a celebrity? It looks to me like it's impossible, making your suggestion basically impossible...
It is no one else's business what your sexuality may be. If you "come out" and openly declare your sexuality, then there is no court in the land that would convict another person for making non-threatening comments about it.
epilanthanomai wrote:
Commenting on someone's gender presentation hurts people in the same way commenting on someone's weight does: Sometimes not at all, and sometimes severely. Both are similarly rude.
So? I am old, bald, fat, stooped, and I walk with a limp. As soon as every single person in the world stops commenting on my appearance I will stop commenting on the appearance of anyone else.

The day I get put in jail for whispering "Cute" when a bikini-clad Sports Illustrated model walks by is the day that I change my behavior (but not my opinion of her or women like her), and no self-appointed, politically correct social justice warriors are ever going to change my mind for me.

:P

MushroomPrincess
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Aug 2019, 12:43 am

If she identified as a woman, then she was a woman. There's nothing to discuss here.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 8:40 am

MushroomPrincess wrote:
If she identified as a woman, then she was a woman.
She was cis-gendered back in the day when "Men were men and women were women".
MushroomPrincess wrote:
There's nothing to discuss here.
Except the facts, of course (see my posts); but since they have already been posted, there is nothing more to discuss.

:D