MAGA Model Stripped of Miss Michigan title for racist tweets

Page 17 of 19 [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2019, 10:40 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
And yet when have you condemned Republicans for radicalism and hypocrisy? I'll remind you, it's the Republicans who tend to think GOP stands for Gods Own Party in order to attack "godless liberals" for fighting for not only gay marriage, but one time even interracial marriage (and no, that's not something in the long ago, but in my lifetime). Then there's the Republican/evangelical alliance which has poisoned that theology with secular corporatism and bigotry.

You are still doing the what about them in comparison defense I just addressed. The point is the political party that claims to be morally and ethically above the rest are the ones I am going to scrutinize more than "the bad guys".

Are you going to address the charges in my post? Or concede that the right has often taken the wrong stands? Or even that the left has been right at least time to time?

You are deflecting by trying to get me to talk about party A when I am talking about party B. The thing is I think party B could be a good party if they got their act together and behaved more like what they profess to be. But when I went into that before you equated it as a sign of meekness.

Huh? When did I ever accuse you of meekness?

Meekness on their part.

Oooookay. :roll: :roll: :roll:

You said something along the lines of "what we're supposed to be all warm and fuzzy and do nothing?".

Please try to keep better track of conversations you are engaged in.

Again... ooookay.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2019, 2:05 am

Antrax wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Antrax wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Unlike some of those other factors, one chooses ideology. They're always free to choose a more empathetic ideology instead of just stewing in bitterness towards their fellow man.

I think you fundamentally miss the mark here. Your argument comes down to:

1. You're demonized for what you believe.

2. Believe something else and you won't be demonized.

Change ideology to religion which is also a set of beliefs and you should see the issue. It's the equivalent of telling muslims to convert to christianity and they won't be demonized anymore.

Many of the people I'm describing make exactly that argument towards Muslims on a daily basis, (others more broadly towards their opponents) so how is it any different when I suggest they take their own advice? What's good for the goose is good for the gander, is it not? :wink:

Keep in mind, we're talking about an ideology that considers 'just joking' to be saying their opponents deserve to be thrown in the ocean from helicopters.

I think the issue here is painting with a very broad brush. It's a major leap from Neo Nazis supported Trump to all Trump supporters are Neo Nazis when in reality like 0.01% of Trump supporters is a card carrying Neo Nazi.

Sticking with my muslim analogy, judging all conservative view points by the worst members is equivalent of judging all muslims by the actions of ISIS.

On the note of "turnabout is fair play." Hypocrisy is a bad look. If you claim to be tolerant of different lifestyles and view points but then demonize all republicans/conservatives/Trump supporters than you're only tolerant of the lifestyles and view points that YOU like, same as the people you claim to hate. And yes there is plenty of hypocrisy on the right.

Just not sure its really just .01% I mean with that charlottesville rally organized by Richard Spencer. seems there were quite a few people that were ok marching hand in hand with neo-nazis and white supremacists. Maybe they weren't all nazis and white supremacists themselves but they were still fine with standing side by side with them.

Also being tolerant of different lifestyles does't include being tolerant of neo-nazis, and I have not seen anyone in this thread claim that all republicans and trump supporters are nazis.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2019, 2:47 am

funeralxempire wrote:
If you think some Americans are tired of being demonized for the ideas and values they espouse, how do you think the Americans who are demonized because of their ethnicity or their parent's country of birth feel? How do you think the Americans demonized on the basis of their sexual orientation or gender identity feel? You know, people impacted by things that are far less under their control. If they'd like more empathy from society they might need start by learning how to demonstrate some instead of constantly whining that they're actually the most discriminated against without any reasonable argument to support that claim.

Be prepared to be ignored...I've tried and failed...lets face it...Blacks and gays have it so good! why are they getting so much special treatment...white Americans are so oppressed :roll:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2019, 2:52 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Maybe they weren't all nazis and white supremacists themselves but they were still fine with standing side by side with them.

The "fine folks" who marched around their shrine to slavery (statue of General Lee) with tikki torches were (according to Trump and republicans) expressing their right to free speech...even the "enlightened" Ted Cruz thought so...

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2019, 4:20 am

cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
If you think some Americans are tired of being demonized for the ideas and values they espouse, how do you think the Americans who are demonized because of their ethnicity or their parent's country of birth feel? How do you think the Americans demonized on the basis of their sexual orientation or gender identity feel? You know, people impacted by things that are far less under their control. If they'd like more empathy from society they might need start by learning how to demonstrate some instead of constantly whining that they're actually the most discriminated against without any reasonable argument to support that claim.

Be prepared to be ignored...I've tried and failed...lets face it...Blacks and gays have it so good! why are they getting so much special treatment...white Americans are so oppressed :roll:

funeralxempire's statement was replied to.

The point I was making is more and more Americans are being driven away rather than won over. When I say they are sick of it I am not saying they are being oppressed, I am saying they are being repulsed. It is a really stupid strategy to try enlisting people.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2019, 4:24 am

So what tack should the left use then?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2019, 4:48 am

cyberdad wrote:
So what tack should the left use then?

Deplomacy. Appearing to actually be an enlightened progression rather than something out of 1984 and Fahrenheit 451.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2019, 4:50 am

If Trump wins again in 2020 it's not going to be pretty

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2019, 4:53 am

cyberdad wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Maybe they weren't all nazis and white supremacists themselves but they were still fine with standing side by side with them.

The "fine folks" who marched around their shrine to slavery (statue of General Lee) with tikki torches were (according to Trump and republicans) expressing their right to free speech...even the "enlightened" Ted Cruz thought so...

Well it wasn't illegal for them to stand side by side with the nazis and white supremacists, so I suppose they were using free speech...but I mean if someone is fine marching around at a white power rally(even though they aren't a racist :roll: ) I have to wonder what other sorts of things they are ok with.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2019, 4:55 am

cyberdad wrote:

It stopped being pretty a while ago.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2019, 4:57 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Well it wasn't illegal for them to stand side by side with the nazis and white supremacists, so I suppose they were using free speech...but I mean if someone is fine marching around at a white power rally(even though they aren't a racist :roll: ) I have to wonder what other sorts of things they are ok with.

Trump calling them "fine people" is a slippery slope

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2019, 5:02 am

cyberdad wrote:

If Trump wins again it will be largely in part to his opposition using the same self defeating counter productive measures as before.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2019, 5:03 am

Whatever the reason the left will be enraged if they have to put up with him for 4 more years

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2019, 5:07 am

As a matter of fact, more and more Americans it has been reported are seeing Trump and his base as racist. And no, I'm not referring to everyone who cast a vote for Trump, but rather those who have a cultish devotion to him, who hang on his every word, no matter how impossible or contradictory his words are.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2019, 5:11 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
those who have a cultish devotion to him, who hang on his every word, no matter how impossible or contradictory his words are.

for example

:lol: :lol:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2019, 5:16 am

cyberdad wrote:
Whatever the reason the left will be enraged if they have to put up with him for 4 more years

Should the rest of America be afraid of how berserk they are going to get?