Page 2 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Jul 2019, 4:39 pm

smudge wrote:
I used to love BK fries until they changed the recipe and ruined them. McDonalds is the one I prefer in terms of burgers and fries.
I did not like BK fries until they changed em. I think McDonalds fries used to be better before they changed something about em. I don't remember what they changed cuz that was a long time ago but I think it was to make them a tad more healthy or so McDonalds could pretend they were. I still prefer McDonalds fries to BK 1s even thou McDonalds 1s aren't as good now & BK's fries are better than they used to be. I prefer McDonalds chicken-nuggets to BK chicken-tenders. I've had BK's chicken-fries 1ce or 2wice & they were OK. I prefer BK fries & McDonalds chicken-nuggets to the chicken-fries. I also like BK's onion-rings. I liked the whopper-dogs BK had for a short time a year or so ago but I only got to have them 1ce or 2wice before they were discontinued :( For some reason it's aLOT easier to find places that serve burgers than places that serve hotdogs. Maybe places figure hotdogs are very easy to get & cook at home compared to hamburgers so people would just have em at home instead of having them when eating out :?

KT67 wrote:
I know it makes me a bad leftist but I love these places. Nice plain predictable food.
Same here. I really love fast-food. I cant cook but I would cook fries & burgers a lot if I could. I cook fries in the toast-R-oven sometimes using the oven feature & they're not the same as fries cooked in grease. Getting back to the leftist part, I know those companies have problems, especially McDonalds & I've signed lots of petitions & wrote letters on computer asking/telling the companies to do better. Like increasing pay to their regular employees, encouraging McDonalds to offer a meatless burger even thou I plan to never order it(still good to have for the people who would), raising animals without routine antibiotics, taking soda off the kids deals or at least adding options like juice, milk, & water. Just cuz I'm a leftist doesn't mean I have to be a vegetarian or vegan or that I cant associate with major companies that aren't being run so fairly.

CockneyRebel wrote:
I like Burger King the best. Their fish burgers are bigger and better tasting.
I didn't know they did fish burgers. I'm sure they wouldn't compare to the seafood I'm used to thou, I'm from Louisiana & ate seafood a lot living there. I've had McDonalds fish sandwiches before but not in aLONG time & they weren't that good. Plus not all McDonalds have them. I rather just stick to getting their burgers, nuggets, & fries.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2019, 4:45 pm

Checkers has really good fries. They put some kind of seasoning on them. :)

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2019, 5:08 pm

Ive never had burger king. 8O
I like getting a McDonalds fries and smoothie sometimes cause its cheap and Im a broke college kid lol

(lmao hate to be that southern person but yall should try a Chick-fil-A someday! Its truly the superior fast food 8))

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2019, 5:11 pm

graceksjp wrote:
I like getting a McDonalds fries and smoothie sometimes cause its cheap and Im a broke college kid lol

(lmao hate to be that southern person but yall should try a Chick-fil-A someday! Its truly the superior fast food 8))

I'm southern too you know! :D

I wanted to boycott Chick-fil-A for the homophobic views of the owner, but their chicken sandwiches and waffle fries are sooo good! :lol:

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2019, 5:13 pm

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
graceksjp wrote:

I wanted to boycott Chick-fil-A for the homophobic views of the owner, but their chicken sandwiches and waffle fries are sooo good! :lol:

Truuuue. Nothing beats their fries. Or their chicken minis for breakfast!!
(uh but i didnt know the owner was homophobic 8O)

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2019, 5:18 pm

graceksjp wrote:
graceksjp wrote:

Truuuue. Nothing beats their fries. Or their chicken minis for breakfast!!
(uh but i didnt know the owner was homophobic 8O)

Yeah, I don't remember all the details about it but there was a big deal about it in the news years ago. He's very much a conservative Christian.

But I now figure that people should be entitled to their opinions. No sense in ruining a man's business just because of his personal opinion, right? :shrug:

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2019, 6:02 pm

I like Burger King's chicken fries, but I much prefer McDonald's regular fries, so it depends on my mood as to which one I'd rather go to.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2019, 6:12 pm

Yeah, I don't remember all the details about it but there was a big deal about it in the news years ago. He's very much a conservative Christian.

But I now figure that people should be entitled to their opinions. No sense in ruining a man's business just because of his personal opinion, right? :shrug:
I feel the same way as long as the employers don't push their beliefs onto their employees or their customers. Refusing to do business with homosexuals or hire homosexuals should NOT be considered grounds for religious freedom. I'm not sure if that's what was going on at Chick-fil-A or not thou but it does happen sometimes with other businesses. I never really cared for Chick-fil-A & I never been to a Checkers

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2019, 6:17 pm

Burger King is the lesser of the two evils IMHO. Like there flame flavored burgers, and their fries.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2019, 6:32 pm

A little evil is good for the soul. :twisted:

hannahjrob
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jul 2019, 11:48 pm

I don't go to either very often, but it would depend on what I'm getting. I'd go to Burger King if I wanted chicken (I do like their chicken sandwich) but would probably go to McDonald's if I wanted a burger. And I do also like McDonald's iced coffee.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2019, 12:45 am

I've only been into a Burger King once in my life. Took one look at the menu and prices, and walked straight out of the door. McDonald's is a seriously good eatery, whatever its critics say.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2019, 6:12 pm

I also love Steak n Shake. They make the best damn milkshakes! :D

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2019, 1:06 am

nick007 wrote:
smudge wrote:
I used to love BK fries until they changed the recipe and ruined them. McDonalds is the one I prefer in terms of burgers and fries.
I did not like BK fries until they changed em. I think McDonalds fries used to be better before they changed something about em. I don't remember what they changed cuz that was a long time ago but I think it was to make them a tad more healthy or so McDonalds could pretend they were. I still prefer McDonalds fries to BK 1s even thou McDonalds 1s aren't as good now & BK's fries are better than they used to be. I prefer McDonalds chicken-nuggets to BK chicken-tenders. I've had BK's chicken-fries 1ce or 2wice & they were OK. I prefer BK fries & McDonalds chicken-nuggets to the chicken-fries. I also like BK's onion-rings. I liked the whopper-dogs BK had for a short time a year or so ago but I only got to have them 1ce or 2wice before they were discontinued :( For some reason it's aLOT easier to find places that serve burgers than places that serve hotdogs. Maybe places figure hotdogs are very easy to get & cook at home compared to hamburgers so people would just have em at home instead of having them when eating out :?

That's interesting that you noticed the difference with McDonalds fries. If it's the change I'm thinking about, then it was that they used to fry them in beef fat for flavour, then made them vegetarian by using beef flavourings instead. Of course they could have changed the recipe since then, but I don't remember the flavour tasting any different at any time. I knew lots of people who hated the old BK fries. I never understood why, they were really tasty.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2019, 1:09 am

I've always wanted to try fried chicken and waffles.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2019, 1:34 am

smudge wrote:
nick007 wrote:
smudge wrote:

That's interesting that you noticed the difference with McDonalds fries. If it's the change I'm thinking about, then it was that they used to fry them in beef fat for flavour, then made them vegetarian by using beef flavourings instead. Of course they could have changed the recipe since then, but I don't remember the flavour tasting any different at any time. I knew lots of people who hated the old BK fries. I never understood why, they were really tasty.
That's probably the change I'm talking about. My mom noticed the change with McDonalds fries too & preferred the old way like me.