Do some women prefer violent men ?

Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 1:42 pm

I seem to think some women like violent men, I've heard of a paraphilia called 'Bonnie and Clyde Syndrome' that women have for men who are violent criminals like Bonnie and Clyde and I didn't realise until later that a lot of, maybe just hip hop artists and gangsta rappers were affiliated with gangs obviously that must be where Gangsta rap comes from. I don't quite know what so attractive about it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 2:29 pm

Most women aren't so stupid as to want or have really violent men in their real life.

Like anything, this sort of thing exists. Especially amongst the young.

After a few months of this crap, though, women tend to get tired of it.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 8:09 pm

BDSM

There are seven billion people in the world

About half are women

Some women like violent men

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 8:59 pm

No way.

There may be a few that are turned on by violence, but not something that i have seen much of and not something that i am comfortable to be involved with. My ex-wife (who was supposed to be a Jehovah Witness) asked me to hit her and perform R fantasies a few times, but I bluntly refused. It is not something that i am comfortable doing so i refuse to do.

I think that there are some women who like men who are a little dangerous, but this doesn't mean necessarily violent. I think that some woman like men who are assertive and confident. Men who can protect them.

Some woman are attracted to criminals however this is often women who are perhaps a bit criminal themselves.
They say birds of a feather.

I know that druggy woman are attracted to men who are drug dealers and who are criminally minded.
As that is the model of perception that they experience the world.

I guess we all have to learn by our mistakes.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 11:16 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
BDSM

Not the same thing as violence. BDSM, if done in accordance with the norms of the BDSM subculture, is consensual, with attention to safety and mutual satisfaction.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 11:18 pm

According to a book I read decades ago about battered wives, violent men tend to compensate for their violence by being ultra-romantic also. The latter is an important part of what draws the woman into the relationship and keeps her there.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 11:28 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
After a few months minutes of this crap, though, women tend to get tired of it.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 12:57 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
BDSM

Not the same thing as violence. BDSM, if done in accordance with the norms of the BDSM subculture, is consensual, with attention to safety and mutual satisfaction.

No, it is violence. Just because it is consensual that doesn’t mean it is not a form of violence or at least an imitation of it.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 2:11 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
BDSM

No, it is violence. Just because it is consensual that doesn’t mean it is not a form of violence or at least an imitation of it.

It's often (not always) an imitation of violence, but not, itself, a form of violence.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 3:03 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
BDSM

It's often (not always) an imitation of violence, but not, itself, a form of violence.

So now we know that you love BDSM. :p

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 3:57 am

Yes because they're stupid.

(Not all women obviously)

They think he's going to protect them against other violent men but the truth is if someone is violent then he'll (or she'll) be violent to those weaker than him (or her) and at home.

They don't want to be beaten up, they want someone who will fight their battles. They end up getting beaten up. Some never learn.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 4:57 am

isn't there enough real violence in this world for some people, that they have to make up imitation violence to add to it? what a world.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 5:11 am

KT67 wrote:
Yes because they're stupid.

(Not all women obviously)

They think he's going to protect them against other violent men but the truth is if someone is violent then he'll (or she'll) be violent to those weaker than him (or her) and at home.

They don't want to be beaten up, they want someone who will fight their battles. They end up getting beaten up. Some never learn.

That's life. :mrgreen:

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 7:06 am

auntblabby wrote:
isn't there enough real violence in this world for some people, that they have to make up imitation violence to add to it? what a world.

<sarcasm>
Isn't there enough pain in the world caused by real and serious burns, yet some people deliberately burn their tongues with hot and spicy food?
</sarcasm>

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 7:12 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
So now we know that you love BDSM. :p

I was very much into the BDSM scene when I was in my twenties and thirties, not so much anymore.

Looking back on those days, I now suspect that at least some (not all) of the masochists I knew back then may have been autistic sensory seekers.

The BDSM scene (or the S&M scene, as it was known back then) is one of the several "oddball subcultures" I often refer to.

Last edited by Mona Pereth on 20 Jul 2019, 7:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

KimD
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 7:23 am

I know some women have a strong preference for super-"macho" men, who may turn out, for a variety of reasons, to have violent tendencies (especially if drugs or alcohol are a problem). Some women (and men) grew up in violent homes and perhaps never learned any other way of being in a relationship, but it's hard for me to believe that, given a real choice, many of them would truly prefer a violent relationship or a violent man. But yeah, some women keep seeking out violent men, but I refuse to believe it's a healthy mindset that drives them to it.