Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 9:04 am

Just a heads up in case someone is stupid like me.

Family days aren't to take your parents along to if you're over 18. They're for parents with kids under 18, ideally under 10.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 8:22 pm

Um... could you please elaborate? It sounds like you're angry about someone who criticised you for going out with your parents. If that is the case, I know how you feel.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2019, 4:18 am

What kind of family days are we talking about here? The kind where there's a discount in a buffet for families or something?

If it's the buffet or restaurant thing then it's understandable; adults eat more than kids, so rules being set is no wonder.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2019, 11:19 am

Can you elaborate? Do you mean spending time with your parents or spending the day with your parents???

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2019, 11:23 am

No and I'm not annoyed, they made us welcome. I also only look very young so they possibly didn't know my parents weren't there with a kid?

There was a family fun day at the local park, we went as a family and we were the only people there without children. It was embarrassing. And everything was tailored around the kids with the adults just sitting on benches.

Basically just warning cos we thought it cos (no idea on my mum's part) my stepdad thinks he's aspie and I am aspie. We took it literally without any social awareness of what it would mean.