How Much Time Does One Need To Get Ready For Work?

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2019, 5:23 am

I habe found the happy medium... If I get up about two and a half hours before work begins, I am ok. Two hours is not enough. Mind you, this includes about 35 minutes of travelling time, and time to allow my body to calm down so I can get the strength to walk into work from the vehicle. I sometimes need time to relax before going in to deal with nurves.

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jul 2019, 3:25 pm

It takes me maybe 20 minutes to get ready for work, including showering. I still get up at 5:30 to make sure I can leave by 6:45 at the latest so I have time to make myself some coffee. My job starts at 8am, so I give myself a half hour window of time in case of traffic as the earliest I get to work is 7:30. I hate being late, and the rare times that's happened, I wasn't the only person late as it was due to an accident that happened after I left.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Aug 2019, 5:21 pm

It would usually take me like half an hour to get ready to leave for work or skewl 1ce I actually got up. I would just get dressed & brushed my teeth & grab my stuff which was always put in the same spots. I never ate breakfast so that wasn't an issue.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2019, 3:18 am

Works coming to an end soon. I have this week and next week. I am relieved as I've had so much pressure inside me (Stress? shortness of breath, anxiety etc...) which keeps causing partial shutdowns... I like the work. I love the people there. They are chilled out compared to other places I've worked in... But even though it is part time work it has effected me more this time then before, so I just don't know if I can work again? Which is a major concern as how do I get any money in the future? I'd be in such a mess by now if I didn't have such a supportive Mum. She needs me as much as I need her as she does not drive and I do, and living up here would be difficult without a car. When I feel good and relaxed I can cycle up this hill, but as my Mums getting older, she would struggle to walk it.
Anyhow, it is going to be a relief to know I only have two weeks, and that I have been able to stick it out and been a help for them. It has taken soo much out of me. I'm exhausted already! While I could do with the money, I hope they don't try to help me and overload me with extra hours. I know it is intended for my good... Actually, today is an extra day but I am less concerned as it is only a few hours and I am more ready for it today. Though I find if I do find it hard I need the inbetween days off... Today should be fine as we are well up to dae on the bike builds. :) Ironically the main thing that delays things is the company does not send us the bikes to built until last minute so the sales staff are consantly needing to ring customers to re-arrange the collection dates to allow us time to assemble them, as no way can we get umpteen bikes ready when they arrive the day before! Give us a few days to assemble them! :lol: :lol:

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2019, 10:43 pm

An hour if I'm to have a shower, 45 minutes if not.

I have to have breakfast (usually cereal), take my medication and feed the cats. Then get dressed and have everything in my bag ready for the day.

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 11:53 am

4:00 AM : Make coffee, let cats in or out, put dishes up
4:30 AM : T'ai chi, yoga
5:30 AM : rituals and prayer
6:30 AM : breakfast
6:45 AM : catch up with emails, forum(s), blog, and chess
7:30 AM : feed cats
7:35 AM : shower, shave, dress
8:05 AM : leave for work

Probably too much time doing computer stuff! But that's the way it is in 2019!

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 11:56 am

It's got longer and longer after each burnout - it's about 7 years now 8)

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 12:05 pm

SaveFerris wrote:

7 years to get ready for work?

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 1:28 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:

7 years to get ready for work?

It's been 5 years so far and I'm not there yet

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 1:43 pm

Sorry. I was using my humour. I didn't realize you were referring to that.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 1:48 pm

An hour and a half is ideal.
I need 30 minutes to wake up slowly and meditate, this helps my brain to relax instead of going on strike because I'm stressed. Then at least 15 minutes to actually get out of the house. I'm in and out to the car every morning for something/s I've forgotten.
45 mins for showering and dressing. If pushed I can be out the door in 25 mins, but am likely to have forgotten a few things and have a mistake ridden day.

Lely
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Sep 2019, 2:39 am

Usually 45 min to wake up and get ready before I leave.
When I worked shifts, for morning shifts I cut it down to 30 min to get a bit more sleep. I started work at 05:45 am, I got up at 04:55, left at 05:25. I could have cut down on that time if I didn't have to prepare and pack coffee and some food for work but the buying options there were poor, and there was no time in the breaks either to get something b/c the breaks were random and unpredictable and I wanted to be sure I have food and coffee regardless.