That windfall was intercepted

Page 1 of 9 [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 1:00 am

Remember that one-time windfall that was coming my way? Well, as of now, it's f****d up :cry: . Today, here in San Francisco, where I was stuck waiting for the windfall check to come in...I got in my PO Box today a letter indicating that the payment (which was apparently an old holding left to me by my father) was intercepted by some California State agency claiming that I owed something and taking all of it :cry: !
The letter said that you could argue that you don"t owe it and that you never heard of such a debt. I never did hear of it - my father never lived in California in his life - Perhaps I can find some agency that might help me next week, it's still Saturday now - But even if I can who knows if I can coax any money out of them :( ?
I was really looking forward to that money, I really need it...I was thinking of base using it to get a room/place somewhere (Not San Francisco - with my possessions in storage up in Santa Cruz I was thinking of there perhaps or nearby Hollister because of the stuff in storage's proximity and my having relationships with medical people there - Eureka, CA, was also suggested to me. Almost anything would be cheaper than SF and I am in this shelter now with bad conditions, things endlessly being stolen and in horrible medical shape :( .)
I really need to restart my life someplace. I need that money, I am stuck in this horrid condition in.SF now with my things in storage in Santa Cruz :( .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 2:15 am

Very sorry to hear this!

Perhaps you might be able to get some worthwhile advice from someone at one of the nonprofit autism orgs in California?

In case you don't already have this, here is contact info for The ARC San Francisco, which provides services for people with developmental disabilities of various kinds including autism. And here is contact info for the Autism Society in San Francisco and a list of other affliates of the Autism Society of California, in other cities.

(I just now tried to look up AASCEND, but their website is being weird. Does anyone know if they still exist?)

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 3:31 am

...I lost a draft :cry: .Perhaps the auntie agencies you list could help...but I have never been much on the track with them.
I was DX'd so late and so old :| . I've mostly dealt with homelessness agencies, which I obviously am :( .
With my handicappedness, and back pain :cry: , I had thought I might dedicate much off the windfall to simply setting up a place/room/whatever with decent bedding & chairs :cry: , lights, etc. even if I don't have much time left - and dentures - almost all my teeth were pulled ages ago - and prescription glasses - which I haven't had for many many years, and my eyes are weak :cry: .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 6:22 am

What agency is this?

Did the letter say how you could appeal the “ruling”

Perhaps send us that letter in full? Or at least write us where you could appeal the ruling.

If you “lose a draft,” try again. Don’t give up.

Maybe somebody here can help you. Mona has already helped.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 6:52 am

The autism/DD groups I mentioned earlier would not be able to help with this directly, but perhaps might be able to refer you to a good social worker, or perhaps a good lawyer (who would be entitled to some percentage of the windfall, as a fee, if he/she can get it for you).

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 8:07 am

Indirect help is better than no help at all.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 10:44 pm

...I lost a draft :cry: .
Medical here, as I said before, raised the possibility that the state of my kidneys could lead o me not having long to.live :( . Not " you're terminal " - like " if your kidneys, the way they are now, continue on long enough and get worse, it could be fatal " :(. That did get me thinking then, since I had bought all those books. etc.. in 2018 and pit them in storage to have a bookshelf/collection in a hoped-for room, but the amount didn't seem enough for long-term living...If nothing else, I could get some final months of living, and reading those books etc., if it worked out to that :( . But, I don't have that money, or those books (in storage in Cruz) available to me now :( .
I have often thought that, with the supposed one-line description of Aspergers' as " difficulty with social codes " - I was so alone, most of my life :cry: ! And everything in my life seemed to to combine/conspire to stopping me from building-making connections-chances to meet people. So I was so alone. :cry: Maybe there were things I could have done but didn't to build friends, but what were they :( ? Perhaps at a very end so could read comfortably , etc., a little - I can"t now :cry: Even all my years on this board never turned into any face-to-face friendships ' or even meetings :( .

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 7:25 am

If it is possible you can appeal the decision that denied you your money, I would try to do the appeal, and concentrate on that.

You're not a dumb guy. You can do it. You can focus. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out---but not trying would be worse. You have nothing to lose.

You're going to hate this advice: but I would cut my hair and shave my beard for any meeting with those who are relevant to your appeal--like a lawyer.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 8:24 am

I would be interested in finding out what agency grabbed up the designated holding money so I could look up what if any kind of recourse could be taken. But I have a feeling he is not going to say.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 8:27 am

This could actually happen---for various reasons. There are agencies which could take his money away. Some of which are beyond ASS-P's control. Some of them related to the troubles which often accompany homelessness.

I feel like this is pretty legit.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 8:51 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
This could actually happen---for various reasons. There are agencies which could take his money away. Some of which are beyond ASS-P's control. Some of them related to the troubles which often accompany homelessness.

..." Legit " in that I seem honest? Legit as in I" m telling the truth? Legit as in MC Hammer. was too legit! Too legit to quit!!!-? When have you ever even seen a picture of me? My beard kind of covers up my missing teeth

:( ?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 8:54 am

You know what I mean.....nothing to do with Hammer.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 10:18 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

I feel like it is too vague to say what it is.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 10:21 am

ASS-P wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

..." Legit " in that I seem honest? Legit as in I" m telling the truth? Legit as in MC Hammer. was too legit! Too legit to quit!!!-? When have you ever even seen a picture of me? My beard kind of covers up my missing teeth

:( ?

Well if you want ant help from WP you are going to have to be clearer on what agency is involved, rather than what you are doing here which quite frankly seems a bit cat and mouse.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2019, 8:31 pm

My one granddaughter got her disability pinched by $70/month, because her mother didn't report the income correctly. But, at least they didn't take it all at once.

It must be because this is a one time check.

I don't know of anyone but a government agency or perhaps a lawsuit (courts) that have that power. I hope you can ask for another copy of the draft, to find out which agency is responsible. Also, your appeal time is ticking, so time is critical.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2019, 6:19 am

...I have gotten an outfit that helps homeless people with legal matters to come in on this - I hope - I received the notice on Saturday and Tuesday was the first day they were open, I went then.
Even if I get back the whole amount that was taken, it's not as much as I thought it would be.
If I do get the money, and try to set up a place somewhere with a decent bed, chair, etc.
and take those things in storage there - trying to find a place and then doing so and taking my things there, all from a level of where O am now, might be very expensive and a lot of trouble. Remember, handicapped, :( , don't drive, the places K know somewhat and might go to are ultra-expensive - but other places O know nothing about at all and how would I get there :(.
Maybe setting up vocooning/a place and bringing those books there with thought of reading them is giving up, preparing to doe - maybe - but what, on the other hand, do I have likely for me :(
You know. I plan to go after someone else. legally...my two adult cousins.who BLATANTLY! :evil: cheated me out of An inheritance share that was meant to be mine - and, on top of that. the money aside. we're incredibly sh***y and nasty toward me as family members :cry: .
I won't go into it right now - there's a few here that I've told an earlier version of it about on the past :( .