Marketing for movie where liberals hunt “deplorables” pulled

Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2019, 10:43 am

Universal Pauses Marketing On ‘The Hunt’ After Mass Shootings

Quote:
Universal is putting the brakes on the marketing for their Blumhouse release The Hunt in the wake of recent mass shootings which have taken the lives of 34 people in El Paso, Texas; Dayton, Ohio; and Gilroy, California.

“Out of sensitivity to the attention on the country’s recent shooting tragedies, Universal Pictures and the filmmakers of The Hunt have temporarily paused its marketing campaign and are reviewing materials as we move forward,” said a studio rep in a statement.

The pic’s release date will remain unchanged for the Sept. 27 thriller which follows 12 red-state strangers who wake up in a clearing and realize that they’re being hunted by liberals. Betty Gilpin and Oscar winner Hilary Swank play women on opposite sides of the political spectrum, conservative and liberal, who are targeting each other.

Deadline hears that there will not be any TV or digital spots for The Hunt, nor will there be any outdoor advertisements. Last weekend, ESPN yanked an ad for the pic that it had previously approved. However, AMC aired a spot for the pic during its season premiere of The Preacher.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2019, 11:50 am

The first thing I thought about when I read your post was it sounds like The Purge, and I see it's made by the same people as The Purge.

They missed a trick in this trailer though. Elitist, SJW "liberals" are among the most insufferable people on the planet. If they have these hunters embody that turned up to eleven and put some of that in their trailer, that would be a great hook, would be so satisfying to see such villains go down.

StayFrosty
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2019, 12:41 pm

How is this acceptable? Hollywood has proven itself to be the intolerant one.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2019, 1:31 pm

Quote:
kindly MAGA types

Selectively kindly MAGA types. MAGA is not kind to everyone.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2019, 2:22 pm

Well, uber-rich liberals who say they have the right to since they "pay for everything so the country belongs to (them)".

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/08/ ... shootings/

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2019, 9:20 pm

When there is a group of people who feel that they are more evolved than others they refer to as deplorables, that sort of thing could happen I suppose. A cleansing operation. A final solution.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2019, 9:22 pm

Ouch. My comments got removed from this topic.

I only mentioned the premise of the movie.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2019, 9:26 pm

On Fox news they were saying, "This is a dangerous time for TRUMP supporters".

That Clinton's "irredeemable deplorables" is call for violence on Trump supporters.

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2019, 9:28 pm

Must have been a pretty rough topic for the film.

Do we really need more pictures like this? I think not. It sounds like the sort of ghastly fantasia I scribbled in copybooks while I was fifteen.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2019, 9:57 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:

That Clinton's "irredeemable deplorables" is call for violence on Trump supporters.

...So what Hillary said three years ago is a call for violence on Trump supporters, but nothing Trump said encouraged any violence by rightie maniac DJT supporters. Uh hub :mrgreen: :roll: .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2019, 11:13 pm

ASS-P wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

...So what Hillary said three years ago is a call for violence on Trump supporters, but nothing Trump said encouraged any violence by rightie maniac DJT supporters. Uh hub :mrgreen: :roll: .

[Sarcasm] Only unbiased news on Fox. :)

Also, the movie depicts "deplorables" being targeted.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2019, 11:22 pm

we're supposed to be BETTER than violence. violence is what magas do. we have to take the higher road.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2019, 11:33 pm

Oh ha ha ha! Those liberals and their funny movies! They have the funniest comedians!

There Are Four Lights!

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2019, 11:49 pm

auntblabby wrote:
we're supposed to be BETTER than violence. violence is what magas do. we have to take the higher road.

Totally agree! It's also harmful for the movement as a whole. Because if there is even one left-wing attack, lots of people will equate it to 10 right-wing attacks.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2019, 12:08 am

i have the nasty feeling that the PTB are just waiting for the violence to reach a certain level, left/right, black/white, religious/non-religious, mass shootings et al, to declare a new version of "rex 84" * and declare martial law. IMHO things are being manipulated, our collective puppet strings are being pulled to make us fight each other, to this end.
*(clicky)Rex 84 and martial law

StayFrosty
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2019, 1:27 am

auntblabby wrote:
i have the nasty feeling that the PTB are just waiting for the violence to reach a certain level, left/right, black/white, religious/non-religious, mass shootings et al, to declare a new version of "rex 84" * and declare martial law. IMHO things are being manipulated, our collective puppet strings are being pulled to make us fight each other, to this end.
*(clicky)Rex 84 and martial law
Yep. The wolves in sheep clothing have taken over the media with the only goal of causing division. My question is, how do you get the American people to wake up and see what's going on? I think both parties are opposite sides of the same coin. Behind the stage they are the best of friends.