Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Eviethesloth
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Aug 2019, 5:13 pm

anyone feel like when they get a group of friends you have to cling on to them because it’s the biggest achievement ever?!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2019, 5:24 pm

Eviethesloth wrote:
anyone feel like when they get a group of friends you have to cling on to them because it’s the biggest achievement ever?!

Yes, but for me I have found I need to be friendly from a distance. For example, a group of friends means people who I work with.
I can get on with them and then return home.
It is wierd when work collegues have asked me "Where do you go to socialize?" I don't know what to say as I don't know what they mean. For me, work is socializing. I can occasionally talk if someone passes, and then I am on my own again working... And occasionally my help is needed... That I believe is socializing...

What people seem to mean by socializing around my area is "Where do you go to get drunk?" as they will go to pubs and call it socializing. I tend to avoid pubs. I don't know. Is a bit of a mystery to me what goes on! Haha!

Normal people are strange!

But it is a huge achievement and a very satisfying one too. :) Is a nice feeling to have friends. :)

Last edited by Mountain Goat on 08 Aug 2019, 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2019, 5:30 pm

But, yes. I have felt like that, but for me it usually ends badly where I end up on the receiving end... Or we get along fine while I am in the group, but when the course ends (Usually in a broup for some sort of class or course), I then leave and not go to any re-union etc, as I'd rather not push my luck due to past dissapointments.
So while the feeling of "Yes. I've made it into a nive group of people" when I join such a group, I have learnt to keep my distance rather then try to fit in and mask, and the mask eventually wears off and I get exposed and have to run for it if that makes sense?

Sorry. I am being too negative. It is brill you have found a group you can join. Go for it!