Thougts about Jeffrey Epstein??? Psychology discussion

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

amygdala_0417
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Aug 2019, 8:38 pm

Any thoughts on Jeffrey Epstein? I wonder if you can tell that he has any sign of mental problems, or antisocial traits and how...

I tried to find old videos of him speaking at conferences but did not succeed, please send me any video that might be useful for observing him.

I am fascinated to know what might lead him to be the horrible person he is, and as I have seen, there are lots of discussion about narcissism on this site, is he a covert narcissist? He definitely doesn't seem like a Trump type, nor a psychopath (I think psychopaths have a low blink rate).

I find the way he holds his mouth very interesting, but other than that I feel perplexed about him... From wikipedia I know he is a first child, and switched to science from art, also skipped two grades in high school. He seems pretty intelligent.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 11:09 pm

amygdala_0417 wrote:
Any thoughts on Jeffrey Epstein?
I think he's dead.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2019, 11:46 am

He was a rich guy who felt entitled to screw underage girls, and traffick them.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2019, 11:48 am

I don’t think that he was a very nice guy.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2019, 12:17 pm

Fnord wrote:
amygdala_0417 wrote:
I think he's dead.

You're a riot Fnord :D

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2019, 1:58 pm

Teach51 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
amygdala_0417 wrote:
I think he's dead.
You're a riot, Fnord!
Thank you. I personally feel that the less said about Mr. Epstein, the better for us all.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2019, 10:55 pm

Fnord wrote:
amygdala_0417 wrote:
I think he's dead.

He could have implicated a lot of powerful people who are now relieved he "committed suicide".
Not enough said about this situation.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2019, 4:12 am

somebody with a genius level IQ and abundant talent [he was a world-ranked concert pianist in an earlier career, with perfect pitch], but he used those gifts strictly for self-aggrandizement. what a blinkin' waste.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2019, 10:03 pm

Quote:
The age of consent is the age at which a person is considered to be legally competent to consent to sexual acts. Consequently, an adult who engages in sexual activity with a person younger than the age of consent cannot claim that the sexual activity was consensual, and such sexual activity may be considered child sexual abuse or statutory rape. The person below the minimum age is regarded as the victim and their sex partner is regarded as the offender, unless both are underage. The purpose of setting an age of consent is to protect an underage person from sexual advances.

The term age of consent rarely appears in legal statutes.[1][page needed] Generally, a law will instead establish the age below which it is illegal to engage in sexual activity with that person. It has sometimes been used with other meanings, such as the age at which a person becomes competent to consent to marriage,[2] but the meaning given above is the one now generally understood. It should not be confused with other laws regarding age minimums including, but not limited to, the age of majority, age of criminal responsibility, voting age, drinking age, and driving age.

Age of consent laws vary widely from jurisdiction to jurisdiction,[1] though most jurisdictions set the age of consent in the range 14 to 18. The laws may also vary by the type of sexual act, the gender of the participants or other considerations, such as involving a position of trust; some jurisdictions may also make allowances for minors engaged in sexual acts with each other, rather than a single age. Charges and penalties resulting from a breach of these laws may range from a misdemeanor, such as corruption of a minor, to what is popularly called statutory rape.

There are many "grey areas" in this area of law, some regarding unspecific and untried legislation, others brought about by debates regarding changing societal attitudes, and others due to conflicts between federal and state laws. These factors all make age of consent an often confusing subject, and a topic of highly charged debates.[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_consent

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2019, 12:05 am

since there is honor among thieves, chances are good that he would be perfectly ok with taking all his and his ilk's secrets into the great beyond, out of reach of earthly justice forever. but the joke is on him.