When you're sick or injured and cant talk to your friends

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Would you notify your friends?
Yes, regardless of what happened to me. 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Yes, but not every single thing that happened to me. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Not always. Maybe only if its something extremely serious. 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
No, never. I dont like sharing my sickness or injuries with others. I will maybe notify them after I have recovered. 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 3

Noam2353
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Aug 2019, 9:59 pm

When you're sick or injured and cant talk to your friends
Would you notify them about it?
Personally, I would. But if its someone not close enough to me, I might not. But, the truth is its always a fair thing to do for others to notify them. Sometimes, when a person disappears from conversation without notice it leaves a bitter feeling, atleast for me.
But, that depends on how you look at it.
Personally, if I were to be sick or injured I would let all my friends know. I dont hide these things.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 7:39 pm

I find it gross and very anxiety when people get very descriptive about their illnesses, even if they've recovered. No one other than your doctor needs to know the color, texture, or frequency of your bodily fluids. :eew:

I don't get sick that often, but when I do I call my parents to let them know if I'm not well enough or too contagious to do things like grocery shopping or going to a restaurant. But I find it really embarrassing so I don't usually say anything other than I have a cold/flu/aches/chills/fever.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 8:53 pm

Don't have that many friends

Sometimes have zero friends

If I told someone it's email

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 11:26 pm

I don't really have any one to tell lol

I have a sort of blog exchange thing with someone, so I might mention an injury or illness there to that one person.

On new years day, last year (Jan. 2018) I took a metal gate to the face and posted a note about it on social media. Frankly I wanted some sympathy/attention more than any sort of feeling of "I should tell them". So I may do something like that.

If it were something big, or where I was very sick I don't think I'd really tell any one. If some one was like "Hey how have you been" I might disclose but otherwise I don't see the point. I mean what are they going to do besides offer, albeit we'll meaning platitudes? I'll pass.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 Aug 2019, 12:46 am

I never really had close friends I did stuff with offline. I'd tell my close online friends when I had em.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition