Loud cars should be banned! (Rant)

Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Dimples123
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Oct 2019, 3:12 pm

There's these local races my parents go to I don't go anymore cause of how loud it is even when I'm at home I can still hear them miles away.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2019, 4:41 pm

Dimples123 wrote:
There's these local races my parents go to I don't go anymore cause of how loud it is even when I'm at home I can still hear them miles away.

What sorta racing? :o

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

isaacfore1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Feb 2024, 8:33 pm

To all loud car drivers who may be reading this. Please know it really bothers some people. It causes a physiological response that we can't simply "ignore" or "learn to live with". To learn more, google autism spectrum disorder.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2024, 8:36 pm

I find noise canceling headphones helpful when it comes to stuff like this.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2024, 9:46 pm

isaacfore1 wrote:
To all loud car drivers who may be reading this. Please know it really bothers some people. It causes a physiological response that we can't simply "ignore" or "learn to live with". To learn more, google autism spectrum disorder.

You seem to assume that no one who enjoys loud cars has autism. :?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2024, 9:50 pm

My brother's autistic af and his special interest is Formula 1.

Personally, I wish they'd ban paper bags.
That quiet crinkling sound drives me proper mad.

#misophonia

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2024, 2:42 pm

Uuuuh, surely exhaust note symphony music isn't causing accidents.

Yes, die hard tuner types in live with ICE vehicles do like to hear them.. and will spend a bunch of money on exhaust work for both performance and sound. It's an entire industry. Akropovic is probably the most famous exhaust maker for high end supercars and motorcycles - the man has some sort of otherworldly capability to squeeze performance and beautiful sounds out of engines via exhaust engineering.

Better that people hear them coming vs. get smoked by a silent car. Plus they sound cool. 8) Everything from the rumbles of old school muscle cars to the hummingbird/sewing machine sounds of modern supercars.

Vancouver is the supercar capital of North America and we has a problem with police harassing car/motorcycle owners with modified exhausts. Some wealthy people have even moved away from the city to live in peace with their performance machines.. all thanks to old people in parts of West Vancouver and North Vancouver complaining about hearing exhaust notes on the sea to sky highway. Bunch of whiners, IMO. Let people find joy in what they want even if you don't particularly care for it.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2024, 2:52 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
My brother's autistic af and his special interest is Formula 1.

Yeah, my daughter melts down at the sound of birds but loves forumula one and supercars, go figure.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2024, 6:24 pm

We need more cars that sound like this:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

elotepreparado
Raven
Raven

09 Feb 2024, 6:17 pm

There is a house across from mine that fixes cars and works on them as a business from his house. He has normal work hours so he works on these cars when others bring them in usually after 5 pm on weekdays and at any time on the weekends.

A lot of these cars are louder, older, or sportsy. He tests them out and the customers that bring them in often speed in the neighborhood. Either a frequent customer, or a person from my neighbor's household owns the loudest one that is often there. When it starts, it starts abruptly and very loudly. It scares me and my husband when we stay at my parent's house. I stay at my parent's house on the weekends and fridays so I hear those cars in front of my house all the time. When the loud and abrupt one starts, it usually scares me so bad that my chest hurts for up to an hour after and I get shaky. So even though it is a nuisance to hear a bunch of car sounds, have more traffic in a suburb, and have a bunch of cars parked and busying up a neighborhood road, it is the sudden and loud sounds that bother me and scare me the most.

edit: the neighbor across from me has also done other things outside of his business that could cause some people to complain about the noise or mess or whatever. But most neighbors wouldn't think to call police or whatever to warn or talk to them about it. A couple of neighbors have just tried to talk to the loud neighbors and it did help some of the noise issues after 8 pm. No one would call police probably because most of the neighborhood knows this family is housing some illegally immigrant family members. We want the noise and mess issues to be solved but we wouldn't risk breaking up a family for just for nuisances.

My area also in general has a drunk driving and street racing problem since we have a lot of straight country roads. I live a 30 minute walk away from the nearest popular street racing road and their racing noises still sound so clear to me at night.

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Feb 2024, 9:27 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I hate those racing-type cars with really loud engines, or any car with an unnecessarily loud engine. My boyfriend says that the owners of these cars deliberately make them loud by messing around with the exhaust or something. I think this is pathetic in my opinion, and it should be made illegal.

Where I live so many show-offs own these noisy, fast things, and they are what causes a lot of accidents on the roads. And almost every evening at work all I can hear is these loud cars revving and zooming. I work at a bus garage as well, and those cars can be heard over the bus engines. In fact I find the sound of buses less annoying, as it is more of a gentle sort of roar that doesn't distract me or hurt my ears. But these loud cars just annoy the f**k out of me, and they shake the whole planet as they roar down the road at 90mph.
I can hear one zoom down one road, goes quiet while slowing down to turn into another road, then I hear them zoom again, for another 5 or 6 times, sometimes even more. That means I can still hear the same one many streets away.

And I work evenings and nights, so these loud things must wake up the whole town. :roll:

Rant over.

L LLP

You might try screaming at the owners of these veee-
Hicles “Go wrap that f!cking veehicle around a telephone pole!”

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 3:38 pm

MuddRM wrote:
You might try screaming at the owners of these veee-
Hicles “Go wrap that f!cking veehicle around a telephone pole!”

They won't hear you or care, they're having fun and you'd just be making a scene.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 3:48 pm

My daughter who has autism used to scream the house down at the sound of sellotape being pulled off the reel.

I was very young when I had her and had absolutely no parenting skills let alone autism knowledge so it used to really bother me the way she reacted.

She's fine with it now though