Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 5:03 pm

It came to me that estate agents who sell houses sometimes have houses that they have great potential, but their current state may not be that great. Now to sell such a property, one has to not ignore tje down sides, but highlight the amazing potential. On the funny side, a South African man I know once went to look at a house to buy which an estate agent listed as "Needs slight renovation" only to find just four walls of an old cottage... No roof. No floors. No doors or windows. Just old stone walls and some of the walls were needing work as the old wooden lintels were no longer there...
But you get the idea.
The hardest part is getting a date in the first place. If you can do that your chances are far greater then the situation you were in before.
So sell yourself! Promote the good aspects of your character. Why not go out and if you see a potential man or woman, be kind to them. Say "Hello".

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 10:48 pm

Quote:
if you see a potential man or woman, be kind to them. Say "Hello".

The best first step!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2019, 2:54 am

I can do the first step bit. I tend to go so far but then seem to not pick up on if the lady likes me or not so I then hang back and nothing happens.
But for most, I believe the first step will get the ball rolling. Umm. Ball rolling is a strange term....

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 Aug 2019, 11:25 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
So sell yourself! Promote the good aspects of your character. Why not go out and if you see a potential man or woman, be kind to them. Say "Hello".
I do believe that can be a good 1st step. Most people don't get dates by just hanging around & waiting for others to approach them. It can work for someone who's hot &/or popular but the average person will at least need to do something that attracts others like flirting(there are ways to flirt with body language without verbally talking to someone). Us Aspies tend to have problems attracting others so we do need to be more proactive with initiating conversation. We also tend to s#ck at selling ourselves. I know I sure don't have the strengths, skills, & talents most others are looking for in a partner. I do know I have way more than my fair share of faults & issues but I also know I have lots of good qualities as well. Very unfortunately for me, most women were not interested in my good qualities. They may of liked those qualities in a friend but they weren't attracted to those qualities in a potential partner. I'm not really sure what we can do about that other than trying to seek out others who may be looking for our various good qualities. One major key to advertising is knowing where to sell instead of just how to sell. I guess that's kinda the approach that worked for me but I was single & looking a long time.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2019, 12:06 pm

nick007 wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
I do believe that can be a good 1st step. Most people don't get dates by just hanging around & waiting for others to approach them. It can work for someone who's hot &/or popular but the average person will at least need to do something that attracts others like flirting(there are ways to flirt with body language without verbally talking to someone). Us Aspies tend to have problems attracting others so we do need to be more proactive with initiating conversation. We also tend to s#ck at selling ourselves. I know I sure don't have the strengths, skills, & talents most others are looking for in a partner. I do know I have way more than my fair share of faults & issues but I also know I have lots of good qualities as well. Very unfortunately for me, most women were not interested in my good qualities. They may of liked those qualities in a friend but they weren't attracted to those qualities in a potential partner. I'm not really sure what we can do about that other than trying to seek out others who may be looking for our various good qualities. One major key to advertising is knowing where to sell instead of just how to sell. I guess that's kinda the approach that worked for me but I was single & looking a long time.

It's those subtle hints I don't seem to always get, which is why I may struggle. But thinking logically, selling ones good points may actually work. I think I'd need "Purple Bricks"... HAHA!