Do you have difficulty being able to tell whether or not som

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2019, 3:02 pm

Do you have difficulty being able to tell whether or not someone is interested in you by nonverbal cues?

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2019, 3:57 pm

I haven't a clue unless they specifically state it.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

31 Aug 2019, 8:46 pm

I'm very oblivious to nonverbal cues. The only time I ever noticed someone interested in me offline was when a girl asked me if I had a boyfriend when I was getting my hair cut at the mall. She was just visiting with the stylist & not working on me so it was pretty obvious & she said Damn when I told her I did have a girlfriend. It had to happen two weeks before my 2nd girlfriend broke up with me instead of two weeks after. I'm pretty sure that was the only time someone was ever really interested in me offline.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2019, 9:44 pm

I would say I don't - it's apparent to me, but reading my college letters and thinking about that weird moment with a co-worker, maybe the answer is "yes, I do have difficulties".

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2019, 3:14 pm

I can't tell. The only time I recognized it was when I was in my social group and a girl blatantly flirted at me(in front of her boyfriend at that!). Other than that, no idea.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2019, 2:52 am

It's not so much non-verbal, but rather the amount of time they want to spend talking to me, texting me or actually being in my physical presence.

It is very, very rare for a man to give me any attention at all, so one who keeps getting in touch is definitely interested.

Plus if you keep catching their eyes across the room. If they want to sit next to you.