Page 3 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2019, 11:05 pm

Tell it, Joe90--hear that? That's truth.

If you removed the stuff about this inane website against Aspergers people, I think you would have a pretty good explanation of how we work, in general, and that's always good. Empathy is a big deal for some of us--but it's a weight too heavy to deal with in some cases unless we have a proper outlet.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 4:33 am

Borromeo wrote:
Tell it, Joe90--hear that? That's truth.

If you removed the stuff about this inane website against Aspergers people, I think you would have a pretty good explanation of how we work, in general, and that's always good. Empathy is a big deal for some of us--but it's a weight too heavy to deal with in some cases unless we have a proper outlet.

I actually love the way I worded that. Too bad everybody's got bored of this thread and aren't replying any more. Will it break the rules if I copied and pasted it on to a new thread in a more active subforum?

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 7:22 am

I still look at this thread. Actually, that site is one of the reasons that I'm suspect of any new "member" that joins WP and within their first post or two goes right for threads like the dating one to talk about how terrible (ie...heartless) their "Aspie" male partner is. Early on when I joined an internet forum and even when I first joined WP I assumed people who participated in internet forums were genuine. It still puzzles me that there are people that have nothing better to do with their lives than make bogus accounts on internet sites to advance an agenda or vendetta. I haven't decided if pathetic is too strong a word of if that kind of thing is just sad.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 8:54 am

“Pathetic” is an apt term for someone who has to use WP just to rant on about things which would only offend the main body of WP.

Get a life! I say.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 4:44 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
“Pathetic” is an apt term for someone who has to use WP just to rant on about things which would only offend the main body of WP.

Get a life! I say.

Seconded!

B19
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 4:47 pm

I hope this will be the last of many threads here on this. They are equivalent to trolls. Trolls love attention, love baiting, and the oxygen of the attention of those who get hooked in.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 5:35 pm

I'd have to agree with B19 on that.

By lambasting the Troll....we are feeding the Troll. We are providing it with energy via our negative feelings toward the Troll.

We should just put these Trolls on Permanent Ignore. So they melt like the Wicked Witch of the West.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 5:39 pm

There is no such thing as "Permanent Ignore".

However, this thread could/should be locked.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 5:45 pm

"Permanent Ignore" means self-editing. Not responding to the Troll.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 5:57 pm

Does anyone take that site seriously? I had look at it a couple of years ago, half tje testamonies were written by the same person. One of the books recomended is writen by the site owner.......fail.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 6:10 pm

I'm not inclined to lock this, though please members, no new threads on the same old topic or they will be removed. Newcomers who want to vent about the hater website these threads are about can do so in this one if they choose.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 7:21 pm

B19 wrote:
I'm not inclined to lock this, though please members, no new threads on the same old topic or they will be removed. Newcomers who want to vent about the hater website these threads are about can do so in this one if they choose.

Yes, good idea. I find whenever there's a whole new thread about that site I impulsively have to post a reply on the subject.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 9:00 pm

Ignoring trolls has validity. However, the issue with that site is also dependent on the number of uninformed people that might happen upon it and take its hate mongering as legitimate and applicable to all HFA males. In that case, silence or no opposition to the hate group's agenda allows it to flourish unchallenged. I think it's very good that WP has a thread which opposes and combats a hate site devoted to denigrating autistic people. I'm glad this thread is left open as a landing point for those such as myself that take umbrage at that hate site's existence. It's a necessary counterpoint to the hate. Please leave this open.

Brehus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jan 2020, 1:55 pm

If it makes anyone feel better this website no longer exists and the domain name is for sale.

Democracy is freedom, Communism is tyranny

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2020, 2:58 pm

Brehus wrote:
If it makes anyone feel better this website no longer exists and the domain name is for sale.

Bye

I wonder if they will set up under a new name or migrate to social media.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2020, 5:41 pm

Brehus wrote:

Huzzahs!