Borris Johnson and Tories loose commons majority

Page 6 of 7 [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2019, 4:24 pm

Biscuitman wrote:
I am glad you have chosen to amend your statement from 'wasnt getting us out' to 'keeps us tied to'.

There are certainly parts of EU agreements that we will want, and need, to be involved in after Brexit.
He has changed his language concerning Theresa May quite a bit over the last page or so. Its a bit confusing to debate when your not sure the viewpoint your debating.

I also agree "keeps us tied" is more sensable language.Although its my personal belief that it was against her own private feelings.Theresa May tried her best to bring about brexit because she believed in what the people wanted in there referendum mandate

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2019, 7:41 pm

...Out of curiosity, are there any UK posters on WP who are against Brexit, were/are Remainers, want to stay in the EU? As I've said, it seems that all, or almost all, a Brit WPers who've commented on it are weavers - and and Brexit, though it won the refefendem, won rather narrowly.
So Aspies especially tend to.like Brexit? 8O. Is it :? the " Leave Me Alone! " factor? :lol: Or are they all Daily Mail subscribers :P ?

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2019, 8:03 pm

I voted Remain . I can fully accept that a small majority of voters wanted us to leave . What I can't accept is the idiot squad that's hell bent on leaving with no deal .

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2019, 1:35 am

Yeah that^. I voted remain but the voted to leave. We were promised a whole host of things for voting to leave so we should be focused on finding a way of delivering on the promises.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2019, 5:22 am

Boris Johnson's brexit options are so bad that he might have to call a no confidence vote on himself.The prime minister has been cornered by his own missteps and parliamentary defeats.He still is insisting on taking the UK out of the EU by 10-31 with or without a deal.

But his negotiations with the EU seem more or less dead and parliament passed a bill that requires him to ask the EU for an extention if no deal is reached.

see full article on CNN WORLD

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2019, 5:44 am

firemonkey wrote:
I voted Remain . I can fully accept that a small majority of voters wanted us to leave . What I can't accept is the idiot squad that's hell bent on leaving with no deal .

My position entirely.

... just had our former Tory MP knocking on the door. We are obviously in a three-way swing seat here, so they've started canvassing early.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2019, 1:39 pm

Keep us tied to/keeps us in. I have said both for months. As I said before it virtually keeps us in. Leaving without a deal is the only way of leaving.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2019, 2:25 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Keep us tied to/keeps us in. I have said both for months. As I said before it virtually keeps us in. Leaving without a deal is the only way of leaving.
So now your for a no deal brexit.Didnt you earlier compliment Theresa May for stopping brexit,then you called her a pathalogical liar.I am getting very confused,I cant figure out your position

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2019, 2:59 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
So now your for a no deal brexit.Didnt you earlier compliment Theresa May for stopping brexit,then you called her a pathalogical liar.I am getting very confused,I cant figure out your position

You being confused has nothing to do with me. Where did I ever say I was against no deal? A 'no deal brexit' is brexit. Theresa may's treaty was remaining in the EU without the name. May did stop us leaving on the 29tth of March.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2019, 3:07 pm

https://eurasiafuture.com/2019/09/06/an ... of-brexit/

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2019, 4:09 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

You being confused has nothing to do with me. Where did I ever say I was against no deal? A 'no deal brexit' is brexit. Theresa may's treaty was remaining in the EU without the name. May did stop us leaving on the 29tth of March.
it sounded like you were complimenting May

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2019, 4:15 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
https://eurasiafuture.com/2019/09/06/anything-but-a-clean-break-brexit-is-the-antithesis-of-brexit/
I never realized you were so no deal brexit.article makes a pretty good case for it doesn't it

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2019, 4:34 pm

Yep.

I hate May.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2019, 7:53 pm

George Galloway is the guy in the know.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2019, 11:31 pm

...How does the whole deselectiing thing work, anyhow? Is it that the party leader - For all parties, or just the one that has Downing Street at the moment? - will declare some votes to be " must follow complete party-line loyalty , if they want it that way? It doesn't apply to every vote - does it :? ? Will the leader declare before the vote that it's party-line or deselection or will they, if so inclined, decide do after the vote? Surely every MP wouldn't be preselected for going against the party on any vote? Soames said he'd " only.gome against " the Tories on 3 votes over his 37 years prdbiously. oes that mean that there we're only 3 party-line " must vote this " votes that he'd hone against Tory leadership on that he went against on and could have been deselected for bug wasn't or only 3 votes before EVER in 37.years 8O And they say the USA Big Two parties move in lockstep :lol: :P!

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2019, 11:12 am

PM to test law to limit,to avoid delay.

The goverment will "test to the limit" a new law designed to force it to seek an extention to brexit deadline if a deal is not reached by 10-19

Full article on BBC