CAPTCHA won't let me post if I have too many quotes

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2019, 11:14 am

If I have used a few quote boxes in a post, a CAPTCHA comes up after submitting asking me to tick a box to say I am not a robot. But when I tick the box, it takes me back to the message body page and the post doesn't get posted, even if I try a few times, it just takes me round in circles.

I have figured it was to do with having more than one quote box from an existing post from the same thread, because when I took the quotes out and replaced them in bold or italics, the CAPTCHA finally let the post through.

But the confusing thing is I see other posts containing quote boxes in threads. So why does CAPTCHA stop me from posting with quotes, but not others?

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2019, 11:27 am

The subprogram CAPTCHA has several defects. Here is a recent thread on the subject. Can We Get Rid Of The CAPTCHA?

There must be something better than CAPTCHA. I tend to generate long post and sometimes they take 30 minutes to create. I submit the post and take a break. Then I come back and there is CAPTHA. Not only that but it has timed out, so now I am into the phase of looking at low resolution photographs to see if I can detect a bridge or crosswalk or bicyclist. Then it seems like the link was posted, but it wasn't. And not only that but my thread was lost. So I have to reenter it from scratch. It almost makes one want to scream!! ! ! ! ! ! !

So when you submit a long complex thread make sure before you submit it that you save it as a scratch file. This is so you can recover it if CAPTCHA bombs. Otherwise you have to enter it all from scratch.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2019, 2:18 pm

I had that happen to me the other day. I had no idea it was due to multiple quotes.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 7:30 pm

jimmy m wrote:
The subprogram CAPTCHA has several defects. Here is a recent thread on the subject. Can We Get Rid Of The CAPTCHA?

There must be something better than CAPTCHA. I tend to generate long post and sometimes they take 30 minutes to create. I submit the post and take a break. Then I come back and there is CAPTHA. Not only that but it has timed out, so now I am into the phase of looking at low resolution photographs to see if I can detect a bridge or crosswalk or bicyclist. Then it seems like the link was posted, but it wasn't. And not only that but my thread was lost. So I have to reenter it from scratch. It almost makes one want to scream!! ! ! ! ! ! !

So when you submit a long complex thread make sure before you submit it that you save it as a scratch file. This is so you can recover it if CAPTCHA bombs. Otherwise you have to enter it all from scratch.

When that happens with me, I don't bother reentering it.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 7:39 pm

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

larsenjw922862
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Sep 2019, 8:24 pm

The same thing is happening to me too.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2019, 9:51 am

Same here. The forum is protected by Cloudflair. Which is supposed to prevent attacks against the site. Unfortunately it causes the kinds of problems it is supposed to prevent. I think a lot of people gave up on this forum over all the Cloudflair glitches. It is also responsible for the 502/522/524 etc errors.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2019, 8:19 pm

I don’t get CAPTCHA here too often but I get it every time I use GOOGLE. It seems to be because I use a VPN. When I turn it off, no CAPTCHA.

larsenjw922862

23 Sep 2019, 5:05 am

Wow!